[FT] Motherwell 1 - 2 Rangers (Tillman 53; Lundstram 69)

8 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

We were easily dragged down to the oppositions level again and made hard work of the three points.  Points in the bag though and if we can make it to the transfer window without losing ground on the mhanks irrespective of the performances then I'll be happy.   

I can imagine this is the sort of fair we can expect until the WC.

Lyon's new manager takes the reigns for the first time today. 

He lines up in an aggressive, Nagelsmann-esque 3-1-4-2. 

Ah - to have a young, innovative, attacking manager.

Who is this fresh-faced, attacking manager, you ask?

Laurent Blanc.

7 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Kent again! Do not get why this non trier is in the team. Probably play a blinder now, hopefully.

Well he did not play a blinder, surprise surprise. Sakala gets dropped and this imposter plays, I just don’t understand GVB.

McGregor could have positioned himself to stop that free kick. Trouble is, he would have left about 9/10ths of the rest of the goal unguarded inviting the kicker to take much easier options.

I’ve never kept goal in my life. Am I right?

10 hours ago, Scott7 said:

McGregor could have positioned himself to stop that free kick. Trouble is, he would have left about 9/10ths of the rest of the goal unguarded inviting the kicker to take much easier options.

His positioning was fine until he stepped forward and lost the flight of the ball. Should have been comfortable take with or without the sun in his eyes.

Also, lead up to the freekick Tav should have found found the back of the stand and cleared rather than trying to be to cute.

10 hours ago, Scott7 said:

I think it was more that the free kick just too well placed/lucky than a a huge error from McGregor.

Wouldn't completely excuse the keeper though and he is collecting a fair collection of errors over the last few games. 

Goalkeeper has become a problem position.

Not really a huge surprise and another position where the thought process behind squad management didn't make much sense.

The worst effort of a save that I have ever seen came at almost exactly the same place as the McKinstry goal entered the net. Cammy Bell in 2015, I still shudder at the thought of it.

13 hours ago, Scott7 said:

You stand 3/4 of the way back. Much easier to come forwards.