[FT] Rangers 1 (Lundstram 90+1) - 1 Livingston

7 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Should McGregor have done better at the goal?

Perhaps he should have but don’t you think we’re pushing it a bit having a 40 year old keeper? He’s a stopgap because we never recruited properly last summer

43 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Whilst Kings public utterances are certainly more consumer friendly a look under under the bonnet may result in a different conclusion.

Personally I'd opt a strong well known high profile person from the business or peferably political spheres. As much as it grates the Fritzl doppelganger appointing Dr Death was an extremely astute piece of business.

Like you I'd love an open and frank AGM but such beasts don't appear to exist anywhere nowadays.

Their astute piece of business were those before Dr Death. Those SLAB who arranged the San giro rebuild after the bunnet never raised enough from his shares issue

apologies for going off-topic

8 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Perhaps he should have but don’t you think we’re pushing it a bit having a 40 year old keeper? He’s a stopgap because we never recruited properly last summer

Opposition only have to keep their shots low and hard. McGregor ain't getting to them.... whilst he'll save most efforts above the waist.

One of several flaws in squad management during the summer.

It'd be interesting to know exactly how the McGregor extension came about, when and what the ideas were about a replacement when at the SC Final, it looked that he was gone.

14 hours ago, CammyF said:

But you still have to pay off Gio and his staff and pay compensation for the new manager and his team. 

Or go for someone who is currently unemployed knowing they are unemployed for a reason. 

How's Derek McInnes doing at Killie? Remember the board once thought he was good enough to manager our club. Thankfully he sh@t it. 

I'd sack GvB, Makaay, Philips and Boschaart. 

I'd keep Vos and Bowley. 

Approach Knutsen, who only has a year left on his contract. 

We've got Sands and Tillman on loan with an option to buy which could be discarded and the money used to sign Knutsen. 

I don't think we need a huge rebuild. I think a good manager gets more out of this team.

If there really is no money - which I don't believe, because we just qualified for the CL and sold £30m worth of talent and haven't spent it all on transfers - I would give the reigns to Dave Vos.  

Milsom and Culshaw are now free. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Opposition only have to keep their shots low and hard. McGregor ain't getting to them.... whilst he'll save most efforts above the waist.

One of several flaws in squad management during the summer.

It'd be interesting to know exactly how the McGregor extension came about, when and what the ideas were about a replacement when at the SC Final, it looked that he was gone.

Head from an ex-pat in Australia that we were offered the Australia International keeper in the summer but decided to keep McGregor. Maybe he has some incriminating photos of someone 😉

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Head from an ex-pat in Australia that we were offered the Australia International keeper in the summer but decided to keep McGregor. Maybe he has some incriminating photos of someone 😉

Matt Ryan?

22 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'd sack GvB, Makaay, Philips and Boschaart. 

I'd keep Vos and Bowley. 

Approach Knutsen, who only has a year left on his contract. 

We've got Sands and Tillman on loan with an option to buy which could be discarded and the money used to sign Knutsen. 

I don't think we need a huge rebuild. I think a good manager gets more out of this team.

If there really is no money - which I don't believe, because we just qualified for the CL and sold £30m worth of talent and haven't spent it all on transfers - I would get the reigns to Dave Vos.  

That could be a possibility if we have "banked" the money required to buy Sands and / or Tillman when then loan deals expire.

If we had money, why wasn't it spent when Champions League qualification was secured? We all knew that there were positions that required strengthening, but instead of buying, we sold / sent players out on loan. 

If we di have money, why were there a string of interviews only a few short weeks ago telling us that the reported transfer fees / structure and CL monies were incorrect and that we don't have much spare cash lying around?

This board are notorious for sending out mixed messages that have came home and bitten them on the arse, it's hard to determine what is the truth and what isn't. 

The AGM and release of the annual accounts will be crucial and will leave the board nowhere to hide. 

3 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Matt Ryan?

Yeah, think that was who he mentioned. It might not have been true and don't know how good he is, but shows we were offered alternatives to resigning McGregor