[FT] Napoli 3 - 0 Rangers

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Not if we beat Ajax 5-0..........................................................🤣

Oh, something to play for next week then. Get early goal, Ibrox rockin' , you just never know.....

I expected worse.

Terrible start (how hard is it to be organised?).  Other than that, I thought we played okay but lacked any real belief and missed our only chances.  Napoli never hit first gear, either - no doubt about that.

The CL campaign has been horrible.  Can't wait for it to be over.

Edited by Gonzo79

Reminded me a bit tonight of our recent performances at the San giro i.e. poor first half, conceding early then turning in a half decent performance when it’s too late.

Wonder what it’ll take for kent to get dropped & yilmaz and Sakala to get a decent run of games ?

I thought Yilmaz and Morelos played quite well.  Tillman is good on the ball but hopeless off it.  

Kent was a waste of a shirt (standard these days). 

McGregor looked his age at the first two goals.

We need changes...soon.

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

Wonder what it’ll take for kent to get dropped & yilmaz and Sakala to get a decent run of games ?

It'll not matter as we'll crucify Yilmaz and Sakala (who's already been widely criticised) when results don't go our way. Same goes for Devine, Lowrey, McCann, Lovelace or whomever we bring in. 

Most of our summer signings have been consigned to the waste basket, we have almost a full team out injured as well

I can't be too critical about tonight TBH. IMO we are playing a potential CL favourite and after 4 games of utter capitulation in the CL, we were braver on the ball and showed more endeavour. That's all I wanted tbh. We were still miles off the pace but let's be honest, even during our EL run our away performances were dire (Dortmund aside), so this comes as no surprise. 

Positives for me...

Young King getting valuable game time in the CL versus a quality team. 

Yilmaz looking positive and energetic. 

The second half was watchable. Good performance from young Ridvan, and a great learning experience for young King. Unfortunately we are just miles off this level of competition. Our Captain was as bad as I've ever seen him. Thought McGregor could have saved the header. Overall, I don't feetoo gutted by tonight's defeat though.