[FT] Napoli 3 - 0 Rangers

Predictable 90 minutes.

- Napoli fast start

- 2up by HT

- subs on and they coast

With them coasting I thought we might score a goal,  but given the level of sitter that Morelos is capable of, that was optimistic.

If we could recoup the fee we paid for Morelos in January, we should get rid, he is now a waste of a wage.

It'll need to be a really desperate club though, so we're probably stuck with him until the summer.

Wouldn't sanction a new deal for him even if he asked for only a half of his current wage, he is toxic.

I think there is a few in the waste of a wage category and if we are out of contention for the league would like to see us move a few on and do a wage dump in January. Move on as many high earners as possible who don’t contribute like Morelos, Kent, Roofe. I’d even be listening to offers for Tav and Lundstram. Sakala will be on a decent package. Ben Davies will be well paid too. I know it’s pie in the sky but our wage bill is too big for us and with no Europe post Xmas can cut back on the squad.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think there is a few in the waste of a wage category and if we are out of contention for the league would like to see us move a few on and do a wage dump in January. Move on as many high earners as possible who don’t contribute like Morelos, Kent, Roofe. I’d even be listening to offers for Tav and Lundstram. Sakala will be on a decent package. Ben Davies will be well paid too. I know it’s pie in the sky but our wage bill is too big for us and with no Europe post Xmas can cut back on the squad.

Most of any movement will come in the summer and we'll be stuck with the majority up until that point.

I wouldn't be surprised if the board are hoping they can maintain GVB in position until closer to the summer/ ST renewal time. Obviously, results will determine if they can.

Summer would be the ideal time for a new manager to overhaul the squad.

I hope we've got some decent Bosmans listed to speak to in a few weeks because I can't see much of a net spend on transfer fees.

AGM is looking like it might be a bit stormy.

A positive from last night was that Alex Lowry was on the bench.

Huge pressure on a young man, but we could do with him making the creative difference in the domestic game.

I thought it was the same story,  no effort, no passion. Napoli looked like they could slice through our defence with every ball and we looked like we couldn't even be bothered to run. We can't even get the basics right of poor Scottish football, run hard. 

Napoli didn't need to do anything all game, they had won it in the first 20 minutes. 

Edited by PoohBear

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Napoli 3 - 0 Rangers

I think some are being a bit harsh on Morelos.  He's always been prone to missing the odd sitter but he was one of the few players who had a bit of bite about him last night.  Christ knows we need some of that.

I couldn't bear to watch GvB's post-match presser but have read he seemed quite upbeat.  

We need a new manager immediately!

41 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

We can't even get the basics right

I rarely watch off the ball stuff but last night I noticed how disorganised we looked whenever Napoli had the ball.  

It was like watching a schoolboy team - 'they're at sixes and sevens'.  

What are they doing in training because it doesn't seem to be tactics, fitness or ball skills!?

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Its very much along the lines of we are outclassed at this level and it is what it is.

I wish he'd told us we can't compete at this level and Robertson had told us we aren't actually making that much money from it before I paid for the three match package.

£165 wasted.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

I wish he'd told us we can't compete at this level and Robertson had told us we aren't actually making that much money from it before I paid for the three match package.

£165 wasted.

Yeah, its funny how we cant compete at this level but were able to compete with RB Leipzig and BVB last season who can compete at this level.

Part of me thinks when he comes out with this stuff he is having a dig at the board for spending a load of the Bassey money on NEH. 

15 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yeah, its funny how we cant compete at this level but were able to compete with RB Leipzig and BVB last season who can compete at this level.

Part of me thinks when he comes out with this stuff he is having a dig at the board for spending a load of the Bassey money on NEH. 

This is exactly it. Last year we made it to an EL final and beat some very good teams along the way. Now we are expected to believe we are simply outclassed and as a result we are now one of the worst teams ever to have graced this competition? No way. It's been a disaster, we weren't simply outclassed, we haven't even tried to get something from this. It's been a devastating example of how far we have fallen under Gio. It's embarrassing.