[FT] Napoli 3 - 0 Rangers

53 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think some are being a bit harsh on Morelos.  He's always been prone to missing the odd sitter but he was one of the few players who had a bit of bite about him last night.  Christ knows we need some of that.

For me, it’s just not good enough though. Scoring goals is his main job and he is wasteful more often than not. There was one other notable occasion where his lack of any pace whatsoever meant a very good chance with him through on goal ended with a fluffed shot because a defender had caught up with him. If Sakala had been in that position he’d have got right in on goal. There were other instances too where he was sluggish. He did have good moments but it isn’t enough. 

9 minutes ago, DMAA said:

For me, it’s just not good enough though. Scoring goals is his main job and he is wasteful more often than not. There was one other notable occasion where his lack of any pace whatsoever meant a very good chance with him through on goal ended with a fluffed shot because a defender had caught up with him. If Sakala had been in that position he’d have got right in on goal. There were other instances too where he was sluggish. He did have good moments but it isn’t enough. 

To be fair, his concentration was probably a bit off for that chance just before HT. He'd have been thinking about his HT beefy bake and bottle of Irn Bru.

19 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I'd be quite happy never to see him or Kent play for us again. I wouldn't miss them tbh. Colak will score goals and win us games, Roofe will chip in when hes not injured and Sakala is always about. When Lawrence comes back if he plays LW/LM we will quickly forget Kent ever existed.

15 minutes ago, buster. said:

To be fair, his concentration was probably a bit off for that chance just before HT. He'd have been thinking about his HT beefy bake and bottle of Irn Bru.

Fair point, I take it back.

I’d like a front two of Colak and Sakala. Colak for the goals and a decent aerial presence and Sakala for pace. We can’t stretch the game with Morelos up there, he is so slow. Colak and Sakala could compliment each other well and we would be much quicker counter attacking. 

Edited by DMAA

15 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I'd be quite happy never to see him or Kent play for us again

Our recruitment in Kent’s position has been absolutely woeful. I have been asking for strong competition for Kent since his first season but every season we have gone all in on Kent and only recruited cheap, back-up type players. As things stand even I see a role for Kent (rotation) if we stick to this formation because the competition is so poor. Morelos on the other hand has stronger competition and is getting more game time than he deserves. Go and check a picture of him from 2017 when we signed him, you’ll be shocked at how much weight he has put on since then. 

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, buster. said:

What do you base that nonsense on?

This morning I have a sense of relief that the worst did not come to pass tinged with concern about our direction of travel.  What on earth has happened to our fitness levels, creativity and effort?

Edited by Blue Moon
Typo