[FT] St Johnstone 2 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 74)

Today sums up Gios tenure domestically (and indeed mirrors some issues we had under Gerrard).

Slow uninspiring play. Endless crosses to no one. Lazy defending. Another medium term injury(Sakala's hamstring). No real quality chance creation.

This is season so far has been the result of many red flags coming to fruition.  

Its time for the board to wake up, come out of hiding and act. Either make the tough decisions themselves or go appoint a David Holmes type to do it for you. Stop hiding. Its pathetic.

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

The longer I watch this team the more convinced I am that our problem isn't lack of effort but a simple lack of ability.

Of course it’s about ability. Celtic are better than us in almost every position right now. And some of our players have been very overrated. 

19 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Of course it’s about ability. Celtic are better than us in almost every position right now. And some of our players have been very overrated. 

I don't disagree with that, but I still maintain that a decent manager gets more out of this team. 

Enough to win the league? Probably not. 

I will suggest that a SG approach would get closer with this team than GvB has. (That does not mean I want SG back!)

8 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Yes. The playing staff. I have become increasingly unconvinced that a new coach would get anything approaching a decent tune out of a significant amount of the squad. 

Contrarily, perhaps, I remain unconvinced that the current coach could get a decent tune out of different players. 

It's a difficult position for the Board to address,  and I don't know how they can be forced to do so. In days of yore, those halcyon days when you rolled up and paid at the gate, the support would just stay away, hitting the Board financially (and, coincidentally, leading to a glut of macaroon bars, cauld pies, and lukewarm Bovril on the sou'side).

I fear that matters will trundle on, like the football,  until even the dugs on the street know that change is essential, by which time it will be too late, and the season a write off. 

I suppose that, really, the Club should have a contingency plan and funding in place. But I shouldn't bet on it. 

Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to sign a injury prone defender then re sign a 40 year old goal keeper a 37 year old midfielder a 34 year old midfielder  cheap cheap cheap then let two assets run their contract down so we get nothing this person has to be held accountable 

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Today sums up Gios tenure domestically (and indeed mirrors some issues we had under Gerrard).

Slow uninspiring play. Endless crosses to no one. Lazy defending. Another medium term injury(Sakala's hamstring). No real quality chance creation.

This is season so far has been the result of many red flags coming to fruition.  

Its time for the board to wake up, come out of hiding and act. Either make the tough decisions themselves or go appoint a David Holmes type to do it for you. Stop hiding. Its pathetic.

Bloody hell...... this sounds exactly like Chelsea :(