[2022] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Who should be the next Rangers manager?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Rangers manager?

• Sean Dyche
    • Mick Beale
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Rino Gattuso
    • David Martindale
    • Domenico Tedesco
    • Peter Bosz
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Barak Bakhar
    • Other (name in thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Going by the poll results, & speaking to other Bears, Beale seems less than the popular choice. I wonder how long he would get before he is under fire.

For me depends how much backing in the transfer market he gets. A cup and a few wins v them and we will be looking good for next season IMO

I have no doubt Beale is a talented coach - we've had a taste of it ourselves previously - and I have no doubt he'll eke out a good career as a manager in his own right, but I just think it's too early for him to take on our managerial position.

I'm even more disappointed when you look at the other more experienced options available.

57 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Going by the poll results, & speaking to other Bears, Beale seems less than the popular choice. I wonder how long he would get before he is under fire.

That's just a fashion thing. We're faster to jump on passing bandwagons than flees between dogs. Anyway, it seems pointless to criticise an appointment that appears to be all but done and dusted - do we really think it helps Rangers if we undermine a manager before he even starts the job?

1 hour ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

He will most certainly get a bounce in performance, and player health status.

I think a lot of these 'injuries' are a result of Gio losing the locker room. 

Players know, and like Beale...so wounds will Biblically heal.

However, it is already plowed ground with Beale.

It will take about five minutes until SPL managers pull out their 'Gerrard Era' classics to find solutions. 

I think he could limp it to season end with a strong...er finish, but next season...10--12 games in? 

The bed shall be shat upon. 

Been monitoring the chat in recent days and seeing Beale being the front-runner according to media outlets and thinking, it’s ok, the front-runner never gets the job and there is no way our board, as incompetent as they are, would give our job in the state we are in to a guy who was a big part of a regime that was failing fast in front of our eyes only 12 months ago.

If, as now seems almost certain, Beale is announced as our manager (still can’t believe I’ve typed that) then the board has just gone down even further in my estimations and are now hovering only just above the spivs, Green & Sir Duped.   Gone for the cheap lazy option with their fingers crossed. 

I will wish the new guy all the very best of luck, and call for the heads of Robertson & Wilson, and hope Park Snr & jnr chuck it asap. I imagine we will be running this thread again in under a year.

I believe too many people are underestimating Michael Beale. He's a widely respected coach who clearly wants the job, everyone accepts that. But I think there's less recognition that Beale has real strength of character that will see him take back control of the dressing room, which is where our problems of recent months stem from. I think he may do very well as Rangers manager. I certainly hope so but I'll do my judging a year or two down the line.