Confirmed: Michael Beale named Rangers manager

27 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I would certainly hope that’s not his thinking…

He’s in for a big shock if so. 

He's just in the door and has no choice but to get the best out of the players he has inherited ... be honest, what do you expect him to say?

44 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Saw the Sky News interview last night.  He spoke very well.  I am excited to see if he can get a tune out of this team.

A couple of things that stood out in that interview was his 'get back to standards' comment - quite telling I think, and also the reiteration that he's no one's friend, he's the shouter, the disciplinarian.

Good interview, can't fail to be impressed.

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Saw the Sky News interview last night.  He spoke very well.  I am excited to see if he can get a tune out of this team.

It was a good interview. He said lots of the right things. I'm looking forward to part 2. A couple of comments that stuck on me. He thinks the squad is in a good place. I'm hoping that's lip service and a few players cards are marked. He mentioned the injuries have had a big impact on things. Other than Goldson and Hagi the rest are either perma-injured or dont play. So i hope he doesn't get his hopes up that they will find a miraculous recovery.

He also mentioned 'taking the handbrake off'. I hope that he can, many of this team seem to be permanently towing a caravan.

I have no doubts he will move people on and bring in his own players if anyone here isn't up to standards. He will have a long list of younger players in the EPL and Championship that he will bring in.

10 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I was a bit meh about this but the more I read and see the more excited I get. 

I actually posted against him coming completely in the new manager thread. Since that post and by the time it was strongly rumoured he was coming I had completely flipped on the view.

I had a look at some QPR stuff, watched some of the podcasts/blogs he had done and was bought in. Some of his comments on the 55 season about not winning enough that year really resonates. 

I think his profile and outlook as a manager fits with our club ambition of this fabled 'player trading model'. He will profile and target top young talent to come here and develop them. Hopefully he can deliver results and silverware.

Ultimately as a club I dont think we are in a place to go out and get an experienced winner or someone with a pedigree in a big league in as a manager. I dont think that lot across the city are either.