Anyone Attending the Club AGM?

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:
   On 05/12/2022 at 13:28,  BEARGER said: 

2. To reappoint Douglas Park as a Director of the Company.

For – 28.83%

Against – 64.31%

Abstain – 6.85%

Ah, get it now it’s the Club1872 vote not vote at AGM. 

I should have read that more carefully!

That's a relief.

The lack of discussion makes perfect sense now.

Just now, CammyF said:

Firstly great work and glad there is now firm commitment to address the issue. 

Is there a guaranteed timescale for the work to be complete? 

Does the proposal also address parking as well as accessibility and viewing positions?

Can you tell us who specifically on the board has been the driving force, or was it all board members? 

I'm assuming all going well with planning etc that work will start at the end of tge season though there are factors outwith the Clubs control. I'd be happy enough to start in BF and do the wheelchair facilities and the cantilever before moving on to CF that would ensure any capacity reduction would be kept to a minimum and for the shortest possible duration. The works can actually be carried out during the season without too much disruption. 

Parking is a perennial problem I'm not sure it can ever be solved to everyones satisfaction. I think they'll be trying some things to make the current disabled parking arrangements work more efficiently.  I presume there will be some increase in provision but to what extent I'm not certain. The collapse of the Albion sale altered what was planned re parking.

There have been numerous Board members involved in this particularly over the last 12 months it would be remiss of me to single anyone out. There was a collective determination to address the situation at all levels.

1 hour ago, weebluedevil said:

I hope Park is voted out. No doubt a Rangers man with the club at heart, invested to keep the lights on etc. etc. But not the right man for Chairman of the club.  Slim to no chance though. 

Park is actually doing the club a great service. By occupying the chairman’s seat he is stopping other less suitable people from doing so. You’ll know who I mean. In any case, being chairman carries very little actual power - only shareholding does that. 

6 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

I'm assuming all going well with planning etc that work will start at the end of tge season though there are factors outwith the Clubs control. I'd be happy enough to start in BF and do the wheelchair facilities and the cantilever before moving on to CF that would ensure any capacity reduction would be kept to a minimum and for the shortest possible duration. The works can actually be carried out during the season without too much disruption. 

Parking is a perennial problem I'm not sure it can ever be solved to everyones satisfaction. I think they'll be trying some things to make the current disabled parking arrangements work more efficiently.  I presume there will be some increase in provision but to what extent I'm not certain. The collapse of the Albion sale altered what was planned re parking.

There have been numerous Board members involved in this particularly over the last 12 months it would be remiss of me to single anyone out. There was a collective determination to address the situation at all levels.

All sounds very positive. Hopefully the parking situation gets sorted (as much as it can anyway). 

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Park is actually doing the club a great service. By occupying the chairman’s seat he is stopping other less suitable people from doing so. You’ll know who I mean. In any case, being chairman carries very little actual power - only shareholding does that. 

Alternatively, he's keeping someone better / more suitable (not King btw), out of the chair.

Who? I don't have any names, but Best In Class.... hardly describes Park (or King). 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Alternatively, he's keeping someone better / more suitable (not King btw), out of the chair.

Who? I don't have any names, but Best In Class.... hardly describes Park (or King). 

I don’t think Douglas Park will stand in the way of the right man but bear in mind this isn’t like SDM’s reign and the chairman only takes his seat with the consent of the other shareholders, particularly those who are also directors. His only job is to ensure the board functions properly and in compliance with legal and financial requirements. He leads the board but he doesn’t control its decisions nor does he dictate how the club is run. He might not be an inspiring orator but that’s not always a bad thing. 

26 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don’t think Douglas Park will stand in the way of the right man but bear in mind this isn’t like SDM’s reign and the chairman only takes his seat with the consent of the other shareholders, particularly those who are also directors. His only job is to ensure the board functions properly and in compliance with legal and financial requirements. He leads the board but he doesn’t control its decisions nor does he dictate how the club is run. He might not be an inspiring orator but that’s not always a bad thing. 

I'm unconvinced by Parks and have been for a while. Bennet might even be a better option. 

8 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Ask away and I'll endeavour to answer as best I can.

Thanks for your kind offer, but I got to see the AGM on Rangers youtube channel. It was parking I was interested in and one question adressed it, albeit the response was lacking. I have had bad experiences of this in the past and I'm put off trying it again.

57 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Thanks for your kind offer, but I got to see the AGM on Rangers youtube channel. It was parking I was interested in and one question adressed it, albeit the response was lacking. I have had bad experiences of this in the past and I'm put off trying it again.

In what regards? 

12 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Is there still a shortage of disabled spaces? There were a lot added a few years ago. I'm not sure how well monitored some of these spaces are.