Anyone Attending the Club AGM?

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

I checked and it all stemmed from the Rev McQuarrie's revelation when he was expelled from the C1872 Board in relation to an email sent to the Board of Castore asking for details of the contract with Rangers.  The email was allegedly sent by Laura Fawkes and Euan Mcfarlane behind the back of McQuarrie and Alan Fraser who were also on the C1872 board.    The club took this as a breach of confidence, which seems a perfectly reasonable stance to take.  Whilst the current office bearers at C1872 continue to be involved, or are unwilling to make amends in relation to this, I'm not sure whether this is actually going to be resolved any time soon.  

Iirc, and I may be wrong, but didn't the approach to castore not relate to the elite/Hummel jv rather than specifically the castore deal? In so much as castore were perhaps party to the status of this contract which was, as far as elite were concerned still valid.

2 minutes ago, gaspard said:

Iirc, and I may be wrong, but didn't the approach to castore not relate to the elite/Hummel jv rather than specifically the castore deal? In so much as castore were perhaps party to the status of this contract which was, as far as elite were concerned still valid.

You may well be right on that front.   Either way, I can see why the club were unhappy with the approach.   I can also understand why C1872 were interested in this area, not least because of the issues we continue to have legally, but there is a manner in which such matters need to be conducted.  Discretion, integrity and gravitas all needed...  I just don't see that within the c1872 and they seem more interested in furthering DK's agenda.   In an ideal world c1872 could have been a party to the planning around the stadium revamp and disabled facilities. I can't think of a better use of c1872 project funds than to be supporting the club on this... yet they're miles away as it stands.

55 minutes ago, stewarty said:

You may well be right on that front.   Either way, I can see why the club were unhappy with the approach.   I can also understand why C1872 were interested in this area, not least because of the issues we continue to have legally, but there is a manner in which such matters need to be conducted.  Discretion, integrity and gravitas all needed...  I just don't see that within the c1872 and they seem more interested in furthering DK's agenda.   In an ideal world c1872 could have been a party to the planning around the stadium revamp and disabled facilities. I can't think of a better use of c1872 project funds than to be supporting the club on this... yet they're miles away as it stands.

Off course it's understandable that the board were unhappy, but Club1872 were within their rights to ask the questions (we're still facing legal action on this). 

It just seems (from a distance) that the current board want to control all groups surrounding the club and what little information manages to leak out into the public domain. 

Again, it goes back to communication, if the club were more open and on front foot, they would have a better "arguement" than they do now in my opinion.

It reminds we of when David Murray tried to bring the fanzines "in-house" as he wanted control of what was published (oh and the sold more copies than the match day programmes). 

Edited by CammyF

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Off course it's understandable that the board were unhappy, but Club1872 were within their rights to ask the questions (we're still facing legal action on this). 

It just seems (from a distance) that the current board want to control all groups surrounding the club and what little information manages to leak out into the public domain. 

Again, it goes back to communication, if the club were more open and on front foot, they would have a better "arguement" than they do now in my opinion.

It reminds we of when David Murray tried to bring the fanzines "in-house" as he wanted control of what was published (oh and the sold more copies than the match day programmes). 

Yeah I think some humility and bridge building is required on both sides so it was good to see Park address it unprompted.  Let’s see what transpires because I see an opportunity for c1872 to begin the healing process with the wider support by getting behind the stadium revamp and potentially using their project resource and cash raising potential.   

I believe someone asked a question about the lack of goods in the club shop an excellent point more so with Christmas upon us were losing plenty due to lack of merchandise or do Castore call the shots  

2 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Yes there's still a long waiting list of over a decade.

Don't think there's ever been an effective monitoring system per se and undoubtedly if one were in place better use could be made of existing spaces. This has been raised numerous times over the years but for 6 or 7 years we didn't even have a ticket scanner at the entrance. 

I assume when the ticketing system is finally replaced our tickets will be fully integrated into the system so better use can be made of the spaces.

I'm confident the proposals will adequately cater for the need/demand of wheelchair fans and will allow a lot more people access to see Rangers play at Ibrox.

It's worth pointing out too that the propsals will create an equal amount of ambulant disabled easy access seating.

Apologies, another question that popped into my mind today. 

Have the club looked at funding (part or full) from National Lottery funds? Don't know if this project would be entitled to funding, but would be worth investigating (if it hasn't already been looked at).

2 minutes ago, compo said:

I believe someone asked a question about the lack of goods in the club shop an excellent point more so with Christmas upon us were losing plenty due to lack of merchandise or do Castore call the shots  

Aye, nae rubber ducks - shocking! 

But you are correct, the lack of "non-Castor" items in the shops is a letdown (as is availability of what is on offer).

Just now, CammyF said:

Aye, nae rubber ducks - shocking! 

But you are correct, the lack of "non-Castor" items in the shops is a letdown (as is availability of what is on offer).

i remember spending two to three hundred pounds on things for the grand children now once you've bought the strips there's not anything left to spend my money on 

3 minutes ago, compo said:

i remember spending two to three hundred pounds on things for the grand children now once you've bought the strips there's not anything left to spend my money on 

Exactly.  We took our nephews in last year and they couldn't spend their money.  People are trivialising this but it is a big loss of income.

3 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Exactly.  We took our nephews in last year and they couldn't spend their money.  People are trivialising this but it is a big loss of income.

Retro gear appears to be the "in thing". Maybe something Rangers should look into (not just strips but hoodie, hats, scarfs etc).