Anyone Attending the Club AGM?

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

The Alba Party is proof that there are nationalists so demented they can't even get into the SNP.  Now, that's quite difficult to believe!

I'd love to know what the disqualifying criteria are because there are some stupefyingly inadequate people in the SNP.

13 hours ago, stewarty said:

That does sound odd. Though I seem to recall this all stemmed from C1872 approaching Castore and trying to find out or check sensitive information behind the club's back, or something along those lines.  That would annoy me much as it seems to have done for the club and Castore.    

Agreed, and C1872 can only have themselves to blame for the club trying to enforce this upon them.  They attempted to circumvent the club and obtain commercially sensitive information which, at best, was disingenuous and, at worst, potentially significantly harmful to the club.

This action showed just how unprofessional C1872 were/are.  No surprise the club want to silence them.

9 hours ago, CammyF said:

Off course it's understandable that the board were unhappy, but Club1872 were within their rights to ask the questions (we're still facing legal action on this). 

It just seems (from a distance) that the current board want to control all groups surrounding the club and what little information manages to leak out into the public domain. 

Again, it goes back to communication, if the club were more open and on front foot, they would have a better "arguement" than they do now in my opinion.

It reminds we of when David Murray tried to bring the fanzines "in-house" as he wanted control of what was published (oh and the sold more copies than the match day programmes). 

C1872 were absolutely NOT within their rights to ask the questions to the people they asked them to.  They had a right to ask the club, as shareholders of the club, but C1872 have absolutely zero direct reason to be asking that of Hummel, Elite or Castore.  What right do they have to ask commercially sensitive questions of entities where they have no direct involvement ?

8 hours ago, CammyF said:

I'm not against the NDA - makes complete sense. I was questioning the part about not being able to pass on any information they (C1872) got from 3rd parties without clearing it with the Rangers board. 

So the club should willingly let a group of people who havent actually operated at senior management in any company, let alone a public one, to just go out and get information about the club (what other information would they be looking for ?) and disseminate it, potentially hurting the club, its reputation and its finances ?

The Club, IMO, are absolutely spot on in this instance.  Particularly knowing that C1872 have overstepped their authority in the past and basically pissed all over generally accepted business practices.  They tried to circumvent the club FFS

2 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Didn't deter him.

:ph34r:

Came 8th out of 8.

Lol.  Hardly surprising.  I remember the chaos of him contacting Bennett's employers and trying to counsel him - stubborn old goat.  he could never actually see that whilst he tried to sell it as looking after his clients, it was as obvious as day follows night that he was trying to inject himself into the clubs affairs.

10 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

1. Why didn't we sign any Dutch players?

Apparently, we did agree to sign a Dutch player(no name) during close season. The player then signed for another club(no name).

This seems like a silly question to me.

I can't imagine why it would be important to ask about Dutch players.

Anyone?

10 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

9. CL Group match pricing, why were we at the highest end?

The Board decided to maximise the revenue stream, they were correct because Rangers sold every ticket available?

This, on the other hand, was a great question.

I hope that the board keeps pushing prices up.

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

This seems like a silly question to me.

I can't imagine why it would be important to ask about Dutch players.

Anyone?

It is a silly question in that its an implication more than a question.

The person is implying that as GvB didnt sign any players from Holland, a market that he will know well then as such perhaps he is not able to influence transfer activity.

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

It is a silly question in that its an implication more than a question.

The person is implying that as GvB didnt sign any players from Holland, a market that he will know well then as such perhaps he is not able to influence transfer activity.

Yes, knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes would help to make sense of it.