[FT] Rangers 3 (Sakala 15'; Jack 58'; Morelos 62') - 2 Hibernian

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

That was some comeback from the wreckage of the first half. Well done everyone in a blue shirt tonight. The changes at halftime with Jack then Davis steadying the defence was impressive and a good start from Beale.

Most impressive part for me 2nd half was how high we pressed Hibs, they really struggled to get out their own half. Meant to turned the ball over in advanced areas.

34 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Devine was very good but a few times we missed a natural left footed player when he got into good positions

From where I was sitting he sent in some delightful crosses with his left foot in that second half.

12 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

From where I was sitting he sent in some delightful crosses with his left foot in that second half.

Not a criticism as I thought Devine had a good game and I rate him.

I remember twice in 2nd half Kent slipped him in and if he had been more confident on his left, he could have got a shot away. 

No idea what was said or done at HT but what a transformation in the second half. We could have conceded more than two in the first half but thankfully we didn’t which gave us the chance to recover which we did.

However the facts remain that we are still short of CB’s and should our GK have come for the corner at their first?

the new manager & his assistants must soon decide who stays & who goes from the current squad and who they want to add to it. The mistakes from last summer need to be sorted & must not be repeated.

The first half tactic of Kent dropping deep did not work at all.

I'm not sure what else Beale changed at half time but we were able to keep Hibernian pushed back. That was helpful in two ways. Firstly the pressure led to goals. Secondly the pressure reduced the likelihood of our hopeless defence getting involved in the game again.