[FT] Rangers 3 (Sakala 15'; Jack 58'; Morelos 62') - 2 Hibernian

12 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

No idea what was said or done at HT but what a transformation in the second half. We could have conceded more than two in the first half but thankfully we didn’t which gave us the chance to recover which we did.

However the facts remain that we are still short of CB’s and should our GK have come for the corner at their first?

the new manager & his assistants must soon decide who stays & who goes from the current squad and who they want to add to it. The mistakes from last summer need to be sorted & must not be repeated.

Good point.

I was moaning at Lundstram for losing his man, and Tavernier and Tillman for not contesting when it was in their zone. 

The ball went almost into the 6-yard box. 

A 'keeper should be collecting that. 

That was a really good victory for us last night, especially given our dreadful start.  We played with energy and pace.  Sakala looked as if he knew what he was doing and is worthy of another start. 

Sands and Lundstrum at the back is something I hope we don't need to see too often.  We were lucky to get away with just 2 goals down in the early part of the game.  We desperately need a new keeper.  Tav and Lundstrum are still off form although Tav looked more comfortable in the second half.

Tillman was man of the match for me, followed closely by Devine.  As a critic of Kamara, I have to be fair and say he had a really good game.  I am delighted about that.  I hope he and the rest of them can sustain it.

I haven't read the comments on the thread so don't know if anyone has mentioned the booing at half time.  These guys should take themselves away and not come back.

14 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

No idea what was said or done at HT but what a transformation in the second half. We could have conceded more than two in the first half but thankfully we didn’t which gave us the chance to recover which we did.

However the facts remain that we are still short of CB’s and should our GK have come for the corner at their first?

the new manager & his assistants must soon decide who stays & who goes from the current squad and who they want to add to it. The mistakes from last summer need to be sorted & must not be repeated.

You make a good point about our goalkeeper. We haven’t had a keeper willing to dominate the six yard box for a long time. Or one who’s secure clearing the ball with his feet

Highlights from last night. The one thing that Sakala does is being direct and if he can, he shoots. Two guys in front of him, yet, he hammers it home past the keeper. I was truly amazed how many not-shot-willing people we had on and kept on the pitch for so long, even replacing the Zambian for Davis. Hibs were clearly at the ropes, yet we kept on passing the ball about the area and didn't try our luck. That last gasp volley from Hibs might have seen this night in a draw still ...