[FT] Rangers 2 (Kent 47; Tavernier pen 52) - 2 Celtic

7 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Beaton and Collum on the VAR saved us from a Goldson handball; that sort was being given in the World Cup.

It wasn't a penalty.

Not only has the player sky-ed (sp?) the shot, it's a yard away and Goldson's hands are close to his body.  

I've got to say, so far Beale has done more than I believed he would. We at least look like a football team now.

Not disparaging towards Beale, just he has lifted this flagging squad into something that can compete. Injecting belief and confidence will take a long time.

Edited by PoohBear

A draw was as much as I dared hope for at the outset but the frustration at the end is huge. So much of this Rangers team is way past their shelf life but I think we also saw that Celtic is far from unstoppable.

As someone already said, we beat ourselves today. Tomorrow we have to start a big clear out of dead wood.

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The difference today was the quality they had on the bench. We had Wright and Sands.

I still like Wright. 

Sands - I'm now firmly in the 'he can go' camp.

£6m? Ahahahaha...

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It wasn't a penalty.

Not only has the player sky-ed (sp?) the shot, it's a yard away and Goldson's hands are close to his body.  

I just meant that we've seen similar ones given in the WC and elsewhere, even when hands are down. Hate the rule anyway.

After the horrendous start it would have been easy for is to capitulate but we stuck together and pulled ourselves back into the game, then we managed to get ahead.

It would have been fantastic if we had managed to see it out, but we didn't. Combination of reasons for drawing the game but most evident is the subs / squad. 

We need to get players back fit and also add quality in the next couple of transfer windows.

Kents goal worth the admission money alone and Tav showed great composure with the pen.