[FT] Rangers 2 (Kent 47; Tavernier pen 52) - 2 Celtic

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

We'd have said the same thing after the first 5 wins under Gio.

The truth is, IMO, that a significant part of this squad needs gutted and replaced prior to the start of 23/24 and Beale's chances of being successful will depend mostly on recruitment over the next two windows.

The added difficulty will be a relatively limited budget.

There's a case to be made that, while recent recruitment has been a huge failure, the root of it has been poor judgement when it comes to selling. Too often we've missed opportunities to cash in on players who could have funded better signings, only for those players to wither and end up as unsellable passengers ... Kamara and Morelos being two good examples.

Just now, RANGERRAB said:

Watching highlights of the game, what was Ryan Jack doing at their second goal?

He could have cleared it before it broke to the goal scorer 

Yip - to many fans "fixated" with the subs rather than the real issue. That is we conceded two very poor goals today and that's what caused us not to win the game. 

Disappointing to only take a draw from the match today, as we should have won.  

Some sloppy passing and slack defending cost us.  

At least Beale will be getting a good understanding of who should stay and who should go and hopefully we have the funds to bring in a couple of players in January.   

10 hours ago, CammyF said:

Yip - to many fans "fixated" with the subs rather than the real issue. That is we conceded two very poor goals today and that's what caused us not to win the game. 

I agree... that team, with those two subs should have been more than capable of seeing out the game. We had so many chances to clear the ball before they score, its just another one of those goals we should never have lost.

19 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Tav's inability to defend cost us the game.  I can't for the life of me understand why we didn't bring Arfield on.  Huge mistake to go defensive against them.  I hope Beale learns from it

But bringing Sands on didn't cost us the victory. It wasn't Sands fault for the equaliser and it wasn't Sands who missed a chance at 2-1 to kill the game.

It also wasn't Sands who failed to hit the target with two headers at the end of the 1st half. 

No matter who MB brought on, we had less than 10mins to see the game out.

As for Arfiled, if what I heard yesterday is correct, he was injured whilst playing football at home with his kids. 

As MB has said since the day he arrived back at the club the fitness levels are shockingly bad and we have to play players who are carrying injuries. This minimises who we can start and who we can bring on to influence games. 

A worrying trend this season is the opposition seem to score with their only shots on target and this continued yesterday with Celtic having only 2 shots on target.