[FT] Rangers 2 (Kent 47; Tavernier pen 52) - 2 Celtic

14 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Now, if he -and its always a he, did you know?- could be persuaded to sub-contract, on a temporary basis, that infallibility, to VAR officials in Scotland, then the slavering, maniacal, down trodden, hordes might be assuaged...

I honestly think they could beat us 10-0, with five penalties and three Rangers players sent off and they'd still whine about the ref.

It's a genetic inferiority complex and a complete lack of grace they suffer from.  Terrible affliction. 

Edited by Gonzo79

13 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

There are too many problems with depth of field, and angle of the shot for the photograph to be definitive.  It's a  2 dimensional representation of  3 dimensional situation.

image.png.f18853b1c65cd9e90e2aee171794bfe9.png

Face on shows it on the same line from boot to goal as where CG's hand is.

It hit his hand, admit it.

Doesn't make any difference to what has gone.

Can't complain when they invent things, if we do the same. But I guess that is football for you. Will never change 

Edited by buster.

Isn't it irrelevant whether it hit his hand or not at this point? I'm pretty sure I saw something that said even if it hit his hand, with the position it was in and the circumstances, according to IFAB, its not a penalty? 

Personally, if that was at the other end, I would be screaming it was a penalty, but then, I don't think anybody truly knows the handball rule anymore...

7 hours ago, buster. said:

Yes, it did hit his hands and had it happened at the other end, we'd be screaming for a penalty (at least I would).

The issue around defensive handballs in the penalty box is that I don't think anyone knows the rules anymore and that officials (onfield & VAR) are inconsistent in their decisions.

You could scream about it all you like, and you would be wrong to do so.  The rules on the penalty incident are very clear.  It was NOT a penalty.  Beaton and the VAR got it absolutely spot on.

1 minute ago, craig said:

You could scream about it all you like, and you would be wrong to do so.  The rules on the penalty incident are very clear.  It was NOT a penalty.  Beaton and the VAR got it absolutely spot on.

What is the rule ?

6 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

Isn't it irrelevant whether it hit his hand or not at this point? I'm pretty sure I saw something that said even if it hit his hand, with the position it was in and the circumstances, according to IFAB, its not a penalty? 

Personally, if that was at the other end, I would be screaming it was a penalty, but then, I don't think anybody truly knows the handball rule anymore...

The IFAB rules are clear mate.  If the ball comes up towards the players face from close quarters (it did) and the player instinctively throws his hands up to protect his face (Goldson did) then the decision of the referee is to play on (Beaton did).

Buster, plus all the raging Tims (not buster), can complain all they like (in buster's case say we would be screaming for a penalty) but they all would be proven to be completely wrong.  Beaton, and Collum as VAR, applied the rules exactly as they should have.

Tims are now complaining that the ref in Aberdeen v Livi never gave a penalty for the exact same situation (apparently, I dont watch any games other than ours) - but instead of lambasting the ref that day and applauding Beaton for getting it absolutely spot on..... they are chastising Beaton.... for applying the rules correctly.

Only in Timland.....