[FT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 64) - 2 Celtic

The entire thing hinged on that crazy midfield selection. The difference when Jack and Raskin came on spoke volumes. You would think Beale would know by now who he can and can’t trust. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

The manager is responsible for that.  Totally wrong team selection and the subs should have been on at half time.  Can only hope he learns from it.

What team would you have selected? I’m assuming that Jack and Raskin were carrying injuries and not fully fit.

Got to say though, the previous manager did the same, waited till we were getting beat and then brought on Jack.

Edited by BEARGER

2 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

What team would you have selected? I’m assuming that Jack and Raskin were carrying injuries and not fully fit.

Why are you making that assumption?  I am assuming the manager went with experience.

Edited by Blue Moon

1 minute ago, BEARGER said:

The other option is to start with them on the understanding they won’t last for 90. The way Celtic play, they’re likely to tire as the game goes on, so I’d be starting with my strongest 11 for the first 45-60 minutes or like today, it could be too late by the time you do bring them on.

It’s just so predictable the way some of our team will play in games like this…it’s the hope that gets you.

1 minute ago, ascender said:

The other option is to start with them on the understanding they won’t last for 90. The way Celtic play, they’re likely to tire as the game goes on, so I’d be starting with my strongest 11 for the first 45-60 minutes or like today, it could be too late by the time you do bring them on.

It’s just so predictable the way some of our team will play in games like this…it’s the hope that gets you.

I agree that you start your best team and replace during game, not the other way round.