[FT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 64) - 2 Celtic

I'm more angry about this now and my thinking of the future team is changing. I actually think we need to renew McGregor's contract, we are in danger of losing everyone who knows what it means to play and fight for rangers. We can't have players with:

- Fear (Barasic)

- Apathy (Kamara)

- Complacency (Morelos)

We need players that understand every game, every cup is a must win. I think the only player in the squad that knows that is McGregor.

For better or worse in the short term we need to clear out the squad almost completely. My fear is that the attitude of the players rubs off on to new signings and we end up in this horrible circle with an absolute lack of ambition. It's been too long now, we have a squad of serial losers and it's time most of them moved on.

1 minute ago, PoohBear said:

For better or worse in the short term we need to clear out the squad almost completely. My fear is that the attitude of the players rubs off on to new signings and we end up in this horrible circle with an absolute lack of ambition. It's been too long now, we have a squad of serial losers and it's time most of them moved on.

Beale should have appointed a new captain the day he arrived back at Rangers ... but he didn't, and so signalled his priority, at least in the short term, was stability rather than revolution. To an extent his results show he has achieved that aim but in the end the upshot is the gap in the league race hasn't closed at all and the first trophy up for grabs is sitting in the Celtic trophy room. 

If that revolution doesn't come in the summer then Beale would be better joining the growing list of Rangers ex-managers who didn't know what they were doing. The appalling and inexplicable decision not to start his winter signings on Sunday and then not to use them when it became clear what was happening has understandably shattered confidence amongst the support.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The appalling and inexplicable decision not to start his winter signings on Sunday and then not to use them when it became clear what was happening has understandably shattered confidence amongst the support.

He really blew it and he has a lot to do to make up for it, in my view (and I suspect there are many like me).  

9 hours ago, PoohBear said:

This seasons stats look awful, and I don't think they've even included all the injuries in this

https://www.transfermarkt.com/glasgow-rangers/ausfallzeiten/verein/124

After a good look at this I wondered about both ours & the other mobs squad value.

Rangers 138.95 million euro

The other mob 104.60 million euro

Edited by Graeme Ro55

28 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

After a good look at this I wondered about both ours & the other mobs squad value.

Rangers 138.95 million euro

The other mob 104.60 million euro

That's because we have 280 players worth 500 grand in our squad.

20 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

If you pretend that Celtic will never make any mistakes then it will seem that way.

When the do make mistakes (I.e Lennon coming back for 10), they act quickly, decisively and rectify the issue. 

They have more money than us, their player trading model is far better than ours, and from the outside / afar, their board act quicker than ours on all matters (helps when they have the media wrapped around their fingers).

Just look at their recent domestic record v ours, it's night and day. 

What cracks do you mean?

Why are you sobbing about the cups? Neither would make much difference to our position today.

Where did I say I was sobbing about winning trophies? However, our recent trophy haul shows that we cant maintain being on top and its on par with St Johnstone. If you're happy with that, then fare play.

Why not give the board credit for the European success?

The board brought Gerrard, backed him and persevered with him.

They do get credit, but they must also take responsibility for our dire domestic situation and the apparent inability to get the investment we require to overhaul Celtic.