[FT] Motherwell 2 - 4 Rangers (Tavernier 23; Sakala 47; Cantwell 63; Tillman 69)

Utterly criminal waste of chances by Kent, Tav, and Morelos.

We have them on their knees, go to "3 at the back" with Jack as DM, which is 100 % enough, but instead of Hagi or Wright, bring Kamara on. Who is playing in left attacking midfield 🤪 and does exactly what you expect of a DM, nothing. 🤮

Make no mistake, Hagi, Cantwell, Tillman, Raskin, and even Ridvan are all half if not a full level of the players we have, yet we always go down the trusted route with "veterans" who time and again show that they can play football at their level - which has become pretty stale. Oh, Tav pops up with one or two good crosses (and wastes 10 more), a penalty or even one in ten good free kicks. And Kent forces the odd free kick in front of goal. But in general, quite a few have gone past their sell-by date as they simply bring too little as opposed to the new guys. And for all the "banter" the UB has with Wilson, it was/is SG, Gio and now Beale who picks teams and players who should do much more, not least as they have shown over the years what their peak level can be. And to cap it off, Beale replaces the best performers rather than those who don't deliver. 

We did what we needed to do, looked pretty bad at the back with the two goals. Beale walks on with another win and three points, yet, Rangers should always strife for the better. We've been toiling at that front mainly to managers picking not the best what they had on any given occasion.

NB: Man, that ref and VAR guy was bad ...

Edited by der Berliner

Can't complain at 3 points and 4 goals away from home to be fair.

I know we had chances but I think not scoring with them down to 10 is an indictment of this team over the past couple of seasons. That mentality to be ruthless needs to be shifted.

I back Beale though, if he can break the back of the Old Firm fixtures then we're onto a winner.

Motm Todd Cantwell for me, Tillman was mustard when he came on as well.

Our lack of clinical finishing is criminal at times. Thats the difference between us and them (that mob) 

They would have won about 8-2. We should have

Thought Davies was good at the back Jack and Cantwell had decent games and Tillman/Morelos did well when they came on 

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Thought the ref was okay today.  What did he get wrong?

I "just" saw it twice, but from the looks of it, Sakala was offside when he took the ball and crossed into the area for Cantwell's goal. However he detected that the chap who crossed for van Veen was onside from the angle that was provided is another mystery.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm trying to decide which was more annoying: that UB bloody drum or McCoist saying "it really is", "it really does" or "it really has" after everything else he says.  

And I'll tell you right now... 

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I though Morelos, missed sitter excepted, was great when he came on.  All over the pitch and played some great passes.  

I think you’re seeing what you want to see