Seat Sub rule change?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

If I rent a house and pay my rent then I have a right to live there but if I use it to grow marijuana then I get arrested and given alternative accommodation in prison. I can go and buy a new shotgun today and own it outright ... but I still can't take it on a bus and wave it around above my head. Simply "owning" something doesn't mean there are no strings attached.

You don't lease any space at Ibrox, you pay for the right to use a seat to watch a game of football .... apart from that you have no rights to use it. So if you choose not to use it you are effectively paying for nothing and others who want a seat are denied reasonable opportunity to do so. That said, you can reclaim your seat at any time and for no additional cost. Seems to me you're just enjoying a good moan for no reason.

Well those ‘strings’ are a scam. 
Once I pay I should have  the freedom to exercise use of my purchase at MY discretion. This is the point of a season ticket.
It is bullshit which I am certain will predicate others, more restrictive bullshit.  

1 minute ago, Malangsob said:

Well those ‘strings’ are a scam. 
Once I pay I should have  the freedom to exercise use of my purchase at MY discretion. This is the point of a season ticket.
It is bullshit which I am certain will predicate others, more restrictive bullshit.  

Storms in teacups are always difficult to understand. 

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

when

I usually go in October as it works best. Save for that Covid mess. Back this year!

Why? You wanna buy me a Shirley Temple? Haha!

I usually buy season tickets for the Hogs though. I can tell you that you folks, minus this stupid rule, are gettin a screamin good deal on season tickets. I would kill for those prices.

I pay about $800 for SIX home games…six. Those are cheap seats too.

Double that for the Mrs.

6 hours ago, Bill said:

I'm struggling to see the problem. No one is going to be forced to attend Ibrox if they don't want to. Nor are they saying I will lose my ST if I choose not to attend. As I see it, the four game rule is simply asking you to do the right thing and respect the needs of others to buy an unoccupied seat. Even then, I can reclaim my seat at any time I choose. If I understand the new arrangement, I will get back 75% of my seat value on that day which I can accumulate and use against the price of my next ST. As long as the system actually works, where's the problem?

I didn't say there was a problem. If I can't make a game at Ibrox I hand my ticket into my RSC and it gets used. 

However, when we were in lower divisions and I was travelling to and from US / Canada for work, then living in Canada, I continued to pay for my ST and only used it when I was home (in those days you couldn't give e your ticket away).

I'm all for club utilising unused ST seats but I prefer to give mine to my local RSC.

As long as this isn't the 1st step to revoking ST from those who don't go regularly (for whatever reason) then I have no issues with it. 

I suspect this would have been led by a supporters group or similar and brought to the club. A few years back an article was penned somewhere which detailed how a club (Dortmund i think) voided season tickets for non attendance. It garnered lots of support for the uber staunch online Rangers community. The usual 'I'm a better supporter than you' stuff.

Lets hope they dont start implementing a 'scan in / scan out' system which punishes supporters for leaving early.

:ninja:

44 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Lets hope they dont start implementing a 'scan in / scan out' system which punishes supporters for leaving early.

Damn that's an idea though. 😉