Seat Sub rule change?

I think this is new?

https://www.rangers.co.uk/seatsub/6AwrG1orfyMBRvj1fInGG7

When will my seat be auto-enrolled on SeatSub?

If you do not attend Ibrox for four consecutive home first-team Scottish Premiership matches and do not respond to the email messages sent to you by the Club, your smartcard will be deactivated for subsequent matches (other than Old Firm matches) unless and until you reclaim your seat. 

You can reclaim your seat by emailing seatsub@rangers.co.uk up to 48hours before the match or, if within 48 hours of the match at www.rangers.co.uk/myaccount by logging into your account, checking the box for the match from which you wish to reclaim your seat, clicking continue and selecting the appropriate reason and clicking continue again. 

To be valid for a forthcoming fixture, your seat must be reclaimed, and your smartcard reactivated at least 24 hours prior to that fixture. 

Where practicable and where the Club has an up-to-date contact number, it will seek to contact you by phone before deactivating your smart

How feckin dare they. If a bear wants to buy a ST , giving a huge amount of cash to Rangers and then doesn’t go to any games, surely that is their right to do so. What if I buy a ST, don’t like what I see and refuse to go back until XYZ happens, how do I effect my protest if the club then take my ticket off me and sell it for the second time to someone else?

(Desperately) looking to maximize match day revenue.

We don't generate enough money to live at the level we are or more accurately,were accustomed to.

One day we might consider looking at the harsh face of reality.

I can see both sides of the argument. TB has a good point, plus there's some who just want to be able to access their ticket when they want and can't be bothered with the whole seatsub thing. 

However the club want to maximise attendees and maximise revenue so can I understand that as well. I know of several seats that are generally unoccupied for most games and the club must be frustrated by this.

The conditions are obviously changing so if you want to buy your season ticket then you're agreeing to this.

I guess if you're TB and you want to protest then maybe the answer is to stick your ticket on Seatsub an hour before kick-off, if they still allow that.

Easy answer would be that if you can't make a game, give your season ticket to a family member or friend. 

As others have said I can see both sides of argument but lean towards the side of if you've paid for your ST it's your decision whether you attend or not. 

5 hours ago, CammyF said:

Easy answer would be that if you can't make a game, give your season ticket to a family member or friend. 

That's been my solution for the last couple of seasons. I'm no longer up for a six hour round trip drive for every home game but at the same time I'm not going to give up my seats. The change I'd like to see is being able to transfer ST's to whoever you choose but I can't see that happening somehow. The stadium is short of 10,000 seats and that's always going to complicate the issue.

On 15/04/2023 at 03:52, BEARGER said:

I think this is new?

https://www.rangers.co.uk/seatsub/6AwrG1orfyMBRvj1fInGG7

When will my seat be auto-enrolled on SeatSub?

If you do not attend Ibrox for four consecutive home first-team Scottish Premiership matches and do not respond to the email messages sent to you by the Club, your smartcard will be deactivated for subsequent matches (other than Old Firm matches) unless and until you reclaim your seat. 

You can reclaim your seat by emailing seatsub@rangers.co.uk up to 48hours before the match or, if within 48 hours of the match at www.rangers.co.uk/myaccount by logging into your account, checking the box for the match from which you wish to reclaim your seat, clicking continue and selecting the appropriate reason and clicking continue again. 

To be valid for a forthcoming fixture, your seat must be reclaimed, and your smartcard reactivated at least 24 hours prior to that fixture. 

Where practicable and where the Club has an up-to-date contact number, it will seek to contact you by phone before deactivating your smart

Moderately terrible 'rule'.

Do you receive a pro-rated refund if you return and Craig is sittin in your seat? 

Pretty sure I know the answer.