Various board changes through May

King returning to the board would be a strange and unexpected event ... why would he do that unless he can table a large majority of shareholders and impose himself as chairman ... and surely no one on the board wants that, apart from perhaps the adolescents at Club1872. 

So, assuming there's any truth in this rumour at all, what could his motivations be? The only thing I can think of is that he has new investors behind him, investors the current board desperately need and who would of course provide King with a means of disposing of his shares. King returning and Park leaving is just far too much of a coincidence.

57 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I know you can read.

Why didn't you read to the end?

I did. You gave one insignificant reason why you thought it was the "best news" but you would have had others unless your intention was to troll.

Dave King, when Murray was i/c, put 20M GBP, or thereby, on the barrelhead. He lost it, and he has not, to my knowledge, recovered any of it, since.  

I have often thought that he sees this as unfinished business (as well he might).

That would be his motive, he has means, and the present situation might present him with an opportunity. 

I have to say that I am not fully convinced, as I can't see how he can drive share value up and up and up, to the point where he can sell and recoup previous losses. 

I wish we could reach a time when all we (need to) talk about is the Fitba'. 

We seem to know more, and obsess, about boardroom cantraips than about the team. 

5 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Dave King, when Murray was i/c, put 20M GBP, or thereby, on the barrelhead. He lost it, and he has not, to my knowledge, recovered any of it, since.  

I have often thought that he sees this as unfinished business (as well he might).

That would be his motive, he has means, and the present situation might present him with an opportunity. 

I have to say that I am not fully convinced, as I can't see how he can drive share value up and up and up, to the point where he can sell and recoup previous losses. 

We seem to know more, and obsess, about boardroom cantraips than about the team. 

Unless there's a minor mutiny underway on the board, King has no leverage. If he had, he would never have left in the first place. No, if King is on the way back then there are far bigger changes coming down the pipe than anyone here has so far alluded to.

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

Unless there's a minor mutiny underway on the board, King has no leverage. If he had, he would never have left in the first place. No, if King is on the way back then there are far bigger changes coming down the pipe than anyone here has so far alluded to.

Maybe he’s climbed into bed with this American bint 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

He might be surfing along with others, who are looking to invest. 

Although if he is  just pursuing 'unfinished biz', then I don't know what he has got to offer an other investors, other than he is not an incumbent, and that he is one of the older whores on the block. 

Who knows? Not me. 

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

It's a toss up for which side of the club has been/is the most exasperating (over the past 12 years or so). 

So far this week I've heard the following rumours (one of them from someone I trust and has gotten some tit-bits over the years but has also gotten some completely wrong as well!).

1. Graeme Souness returning as DoF.

2. Stevie G returning as Head Of Football Operations. 

3. Dave King returning to the board. 

4. Major / significant investment from the far east.

5. We are in terrible financial trouble and are "clearing the decks" to reduce costs. 

6. All Rangers staff members have been called to a meeting at NEH tomorrow (reason for meeting unknown).

Personnaly, dont believe any of the rumours but with Rangers, you just never know!

As long as its not SDM returning.....

Never a dull moment being a Rangers fan. 

Edited by CammyF