Various board changes through May

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

It may just be a reallocation of the combined responsibilities previously held by Robertson and Bisgrove. In fact, it's difficult to see that Robertson was anything other than a COO anyway, given the lack of structural development at the club these last couple of years. The titles, frankly, mean very little. It would however be logical to appoint a Commercial Manager, with Bisgrove retaining principal oversight of commercial development.

Largely agreed, although I'm presuming that Bisgrove will have a lot more responsibility than Robertson had.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

The thought has been raised that Bisgrove's elevation is merely a retention bribe to avoid losing the two of them at the same time.

That's possible. I did hear that Bisgrove may not be around too long but I'm not sure about that one.

It does appear that Bennett is looking to shake up things.

5 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Largely agreed, although I'm presuming that Bisgrove will have a lot more responsibility than Robertson had.

I'm not convinced he needs more responsibility but he certainly needs to make better use of the responsibility he has. Robertson has always looked like someone who was too keen to delegate upwards.

5 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It does appear that Bennett is looking to shake up things.

That's what I hope he's doing but it's also possible these are defensive moves to try to stop the upper organisation disintegrating while he looks for new blood.

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I've heard that we're planning to have a Chief Operating Officer (COO) as well, presumably reporting to the CEO and taking on many of Robertson's responsibilities.

Sounds right up my street ;)

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

It may just be a reallocation of the combined responsibilities previously held by Robertson and Bisgrove. In fact, it's difficult to see that Robertson was anything other than a COO anyway, given the lack of structural development at the club these last couple of years. The titles, frankly, mean very little. It would however be logical to appoint a Commercial Manager, with Bisgrove retaining principal oversight of commercial development.

The thought has been raised that Bisgrove's elevation is merely a retention bribe to avoid losing the two of them at the same time.

To play fast and loose with the custodianship of the club in that way would be mental, IMO

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

'Please welcome the new manager of Rangers Football Club: Kevin Thomson!'

Aye, I am just the man for that announcement.  I WOULD, however, bring him in to run the Academy :D

6 minutes ago, craig said:

To play fast and loose with the custodianship of the club in that way would be mental, IMO

Unless of course he's also the right man for the job. Which I think he might be. 

Just now, craig said:

Yeah, there is that.  We can but hope

In any case, perhaps there isn't such a thing as the right man, only the best man we can realistically get.