Various board changes through May

17 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If your source has halved Robbie Keane I would also like to see him replace Mulholland. 

He also told me last night that he would "take it in a second".  His two lads are both at Hibs, one of them was in at Celtic, they were looking at him... and Rangers didnt even look at him - ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, craig said:

He also told me last night that he would "take it in a second".  His two lads are both at Hibs, one of them was in at Celtic, they were looking at him... and Rangers didnt even look at him - ridiculous.

What's Tevin Khomson's youth philosophy? What are his plans?

Being your bum chum is not enough for me. 

16 hours ago, CammyF said:

I think that whilst NEH was, in theory, a good idea, there are very legitimate questions and concerns that will inevitably lead to debates. 

Given the EH is incomplete, is the £12M spend on EH the final cost, or is there more money required? And if so, how much more?

How many concerts have been booked? We can't sustain a music venue with SP and Callum Beattie.

What is the estimated annual turnover of EH? What plans are in place to ensure traffic / customers during the close-season? 

Hopefully Bisgrove will squeeze every last £1 out of EH but currently it is under utilised for something that was way over budget (final costs unknown?) and incomplete.

I'm also disappointed that we had to sell half the Albion to help fund it.

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

What's Tevin Khomson's youth philosophy? What are his plans?

Being your bum chum is not enough for me. 

Plans dont matter when hes offering me to be part of the team mate, you should know that !

He likes the playing style that Gerrard/Beale brought - one thing that I know he would bring would be higher expectation and higher expected standards - work rate and ethic.  I can tell you that having seen a lot of his sessions over the years that the kids absolutely gravitate to him and his assistant - running the Academy is less sessions and more strategic - but in his words Mulholland just plays the political game.

When he had the 15's and 16's they did quite well I believe

17 hours ago, CammyF said:

I think that whilst NEH was, in theory, a good idea, there are very legitimate questions and concerns that will inevitably lead to debates. 

Given the EH is incomplete, is the £12M spend on EH the final cost, or is there more money required? And if so, how much more?

How many concerts have been booked? We can't sustain a music venue with SP and Callum Beattie.

What is the estimated annual turnover of EH? What plans are in place to ensure traffic / customers during the close-season? 

Hopefully Bisgrove will squeeze every last £1 out of EH but currently it is under utilised for something that was way over budget (final costs unknown?) and incomplete.

All valid questions... but I would contend that we need to give them time given it is only just getting to completion.  The estimated turnover is less a question to me than what is the expected profit - and I thought that it was expected to be about 1 mill a year, which isnt too bad in fairness as that should be an asset that lasts decades 

15 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I've heard that we're planning to have a Chief Operating Officer (COO) as well, presumably reporting to the CEO and taking on many of Robertson's responsibilities.

No DoF ?

8 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

No DoF ?

As far as I'm aware, the new position wouldn't preclude the appointment of a DoF. It's a non-footballing appointment. I didn't hear anything about a DoF either way.

39 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I've heard that we're planning to have a Chief Operating Officer (COO) as well, presumably reporting to the CEO and taking on many of Robertson's responsibilities.

Plenty of coos on the park on Sunday 

17 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

As far as I'm aware, the new position wouldn't preclude the appointment of a DoF. It's a non-footballing appointment. I didn't hear anything about a DoF either way.

It may just be a reallocation of the combined responsibilities previously held by Robertson and Bisgrove. In fact, it's difficult to see that Robertson was anything other than a COO anyway, given the lack of structural development at the club these last couple of years. The titles, frankly, mean very little. It would however be logical to appoint a Commercial Manager, with Bisgrove retaining principal oversight of commercial development.

The thought has been raised that Bisgrove's elevation is merely a retention bribe to avoid losing the two of them at the same time.

Edited by Bill