Various board changes through May

41 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

As for the spivs, John Brown didn't have a clue what was going on, and caused more harm than good with his "show us the title deeds" rants and wanting a Celtic fan to buy the club.

That was a horrendous period. I didn't know whether the worst damage was going to be done by the so-called spivs or people like Brown and the cringeworthy SoS.

Edited by Bill

36 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It depends when you're talking about but I'd say a majority had deep concerns about Murray. I know there were issues as the protest outside the stadium but at that point, a majority were sharing the concerns. The anti-protest people were in the minority at that point, IMO. The problem was that few were offering alternatives.

As for the spivs, John Brown didn't have a clue what was going on, and caused more harm than good with his "show us the title deeds" rants and wanting a Celtic fan to buy the club.

The protests outside the stadium consisted of about two dozen people, and at that time, I'd say the majority of fans still back Murray. It was only really the fanzines who were writing about him. As an example, my RSC had over 80 members at that time and would say less than a dozen had woken up to the reality of where it was heading. 

As for Brown, I may be mistaken, time and memory etc

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The usual daft questions at AGM and suchlike ‘How come we don’t sell rangers branded ducks anymore’.

Ah... OK then my (cough) friend is not a Rangers da 😀

Edited by CammyF

22 hours ago, Bill said:

I think the appointment of Bisgrove as CEO is an interesting one. Very capable, innovative, achiever and has been around Rangers long enough to know the ropes at this club.

Maybe it is just me - and everyone will get the benefit of the doubt with me - but I think he has proven himself capable... in the role that he had, which wasnt CEO.  Doesnt mean he will be capable in that next step up.... has me shivering as it almost reminds me of Bain getting a similar promotion under Murray.

I hope I am proved wrong

20 hours ago, CammyF said:

Bisgrove job was to get as much money into the club as he could which meant some of his decisions were unpopular but you can't deny he has grown the commercial department.

Robertson leaving is a plus in my book but is Bisgrove the man to take us forward? I understand its a different role but feels the someone new should have come in. 

However more than willing to give Bisgrove time and see how he does. His fans forum idea is a real plus IMO.

Also hearing there will be an overhaul of the football department and their will be more people leaving.

I have heard Mulholland might be going... which wouldnt disappoint a source I have ;)

19 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yes but not sure some Rangers da’s asking random questions about pointless topics in a public forum is the best way to do it

As long as they arent asking stupid questiions like the Celtic da's we should be good :D

13 minutes ago, craig said:

I have heard Mulholland might be going... which wouldnt disappoint a source I have ;)

Heard this as well - all for him leaving but will depend on who replaces him 

56 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The protests outside the stadium consisted of about two dozen people, and at that time, I'd say the majority of fans still back Murray. It was only really the fanzines who were writing about him. As an example, my RSC had over 80 members at that time and would say less than a dozen had woken up to the reality of where it was heading. 

As for Brown, I may be mistaken, time and memory etc

When were the protests? My memory isn't great lol.

You could be right and maybe it's my memory playing tricks. There certainly was a chunk of the support who weren't interested in the financial side.