Various board changes through May

18 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

When were the protests? My memory isn't great lol.

You could be right and maybe it's my memory playing tricks. There certainly was a chunk of the support who weren't interested in the financial side.

Moonbeams kept bringing quality players in and "chased the European dream" so many of the fanbase saw him as some messiah..... but when that deck of cards eventually falls....

That said, Sky money had a part to play in it too, because prior to 1992 the playing field was more even and financially smaller nations COULD compete.... the balance of scales tipped dramatically away from equilibrium when Sky money came in.

But Murray also was profligate and had horrendous financial management in not just Rangers but his other businesses too

45 minutes ago, craig said:

Maybe it is just me - and everyone will get the benefit of the doubt with me - but I think he has proven himself capable... in the role that he had, which wasnt CEO.  Doesnt mean he will be capable in that next step up.... has me shivering as it almost reminds me of Bain getting a similar promotion under Murray.

I hope I am proved wrong

As always, it's impossible to make an informed assessment from this distance but to me he doesn't look or sound anything like another Bain. You'd have to share the same working environment over a period of time to know what his potential is as a leader (which is what we need and Bain never was) ... in the end it comes down to his ability to make sound judgements and, in that respect, it could be of considerable benefit that Bisgrove has insight into what Robertson got right or wrong. 

All we know for sure is that John Bennett and presumably the rest of the board think he has the qualities required for the job. What none of us know is exactly what the terms of reference are for the role of CEO. What I'd look for is Bisgrove making changes over the next three-six months that signal his ownership of the role.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

As always, it's impossible to make an informed assessment from this distance but to me he doesn't look or sound anything like another Bain. You'd have to share the same working environment over a period of time to know what his potential is as a leader (which is what we need and Bain never was) ... in the end it comes down to his ability to make sound judgements and, in that respect, it could be of considerable benefit that Bisgrove has insight into what Robertson got right or wrong. 

All we know for sure is that John Bennett and presumably the rest of the board think he has the qualities required for the job. What none of us know is exactly what the terms of reference are for the role of CEO. What I'd look for is Bisgrove making changes over the next three-six months that signal his ownership of the role.

Agreed - the one thing we can pretty much all agree on is that change was needed.  The fact that Bennett has instigated this very early in his tenure is a good sign (of Bennett being in tune with what is needed) but only time will tell if the personnel choices were correct.

53 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

When were the protests? My memory isn't great lol.

You could be right and maybe it's my memory playing tricks. There certainly was a chunk of the support who weren't interested in the financial side.

I'm sure it was after a 2-2 draw with Falkirk and there was a demonstration at the front door shouting for Eck's head. Then it turned on Murray and that's when  we were chased 😀

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

There certainly was a chunk of the support who weren't interested in the financial side.

And I think that is still true to certain extent with some of our fanbase. All they want is a team winning trophies not matter the cost (or no thought as to where the money comes from).

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Tevin Khomson?

No idea who you mean... but aye.  Has been very vocal to me in the past that Mulholland is holding back the Academy.  KT also has great respect from many of the Academy players - Leon King, for example, during xmas break from RFC, would come to KT sessions to stay in tune.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

And I think that is still true to certain extent with some of our fanbase. All they want is a team winning trophies not matter the cost (or no thought as to where the money comes from).

The debates over Edmiston House pay testament to that statement.  Some dont want it as it could have been spent on the squad... others, like me, believe that over time if that place turns profit then it is an additional revenue stream that actually allows us to buy players from EH profits.