[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

3 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Season officially over. Empty handed once again. We rebuild over the summer and I will back Beale for now. But if he thinks he'll gain success with some of these perennial losers, then he's not going to get my backing for long. 

I don't see how any blame can be aimed at MB? players making mistakes is why we lost today, nothing to do with MB

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

I don't see how any blame can be aimed at MB? players making mistakes is why we lost today, nothing to do with MB

Where did I say I blame Beale for today??  I said I will continue to back Beale, UNLESS he sticks with some of these losers for next season. 

It's not a complex equation. We have too many players who either lack application or are of insufficient quality to win trophies. Until we remove and replace them with better players we will continue to be also-rans in a two horse race.

Defenders who can't defend, forwards who can't score, a team that turns up at halftime when the game is lost - it's not much of a foundation to build success upon. Let the clearout begin.

Just now, weebluedevil said:

Where did I say I blame Beale for today??  I said I will continue to back Beale, UNLESS he sticks with some of these losers for next season. 

You didn't! where did I say you did?

4 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Whatever Beale brings next season there's nothing he can do for now but play the cards he was dealt.

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Of course, I'm merely pointing out that the effort was there, I think we were the better team! no excuses!

I think you are right. I've no doubt that many will disagree but sometimes you have to look at the perforance and not the result. Let's face it, in a few months time, this result will be as meaningless as a bad result from 1983 or 1995 or 2009. Or as a good result for that matter. What is important and meaningful is to create something good for the future. That can only be done by consistent good performances, not through scraping through games by winning 1-0 on a penalty. It also needs a good manager and it is too early to say whether or not that is Beale.