[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

9 hours ago, Uilleam said:

They are faster physically, faster mentally, stronger mentally, display better support play, are better organised, generally make better decisions, can make and take chances, and no-one seems to be in the huff, or dodging the column. All of which means that they are more effective as a team, and that, I would submit, indicates that they are better coached. 

They are far from unbeatable, I hasten to add. 

They also have a better squad with players who wanted it more yesterday.

Our best chance of overhauling them in the coming years is that they appoint Neil Lennon as manager again.

11 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Are they "better coached"? I would simply say they have more effective players in particular positions.

If you put Kyogo and Jota in our side (in place of Morelos and Kent) we win the game IMO.

If all you had to do was sign loads of expensive players, then Chelsea would win all before them. 

They are better coached.

Ange is a better coach - at least in terms of implementing a playing style, but does he tweak things when things go wrong, I don't know.  

46 minutes ago, buster. said:

They also have a better squad with players who wanted it more yesterday.

Our best chance of overhauling them in the coming years is that they appoint Neil Lennon as manager again.

The coaches have to take some large degree of responsibiltiy for our lads' attitudes on the field: they are supposed to get guys 'up' for it. 

As for the fhilth, well, if the fat okker departs, I feel that they might struggle to find someone to slot in seamlessly, and continue the style of play, that style for which the players have been selected. 

10 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I thought Kyogo was rotten today tbh.

Ironically, I thought Goldson and Davies managed him very well and we were very physical with him every time he got the ball

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

If all you had to do is sign loads of expensive players, then Chelsea would win all before them. 

They are better coached.

Ange is a better coach - at least in terms of implementing a playing style, but does he tweak things when things go wrong, I don't know.  

We need to look at his team's performances against European opposition, who will have players of a standard above that of the generality of the SPL, and who are tactically more sophisticated, as they have been better -properly?- coached, and from an early age. 

As far as I can see, and I am far from expert, if a team can break their press, and move the ball quickly and accurately to front men who know what they are doing, and have some midfield support,  then you will in all likelihood beat them.

Our play is ponderous, we find it difficult to  press them effectively (they often play through us, because they know what to do, and are comfortable receiving the ball and moving it quickly), we can't play their press, most often playing square passes or backwards passes,  or giving the ball away, and when we get to the xG area (!!) we are trying to score through the eye of a needle, or are looping  in crosses with more hope than expectation.  We often look as though we don't know what we are doing. 

Yesterday, we dominated , without dominating, a large part of the game, and a fat lot of good came from it. Playing in front of the opposition is meat and drink to them, as it was for Walter Smith's sides in the 90s, and oh how they railed in disbelief. (He did have goalkeepers, granted.)

I have to put this down, substantially, to coaching. 

As for coaching of the defence.......whoever is responsible for that should be horsewhipped. We lose, and lose consistently, what folk in England laughingly used to call "Scottish goals". 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

That didn't stop Leicester with Brendan...

Rodgers had a pretty good stint in the EPL though (very nearly won it with Liverpool). The plate-smashing convict has no record in any credible league.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Rodgers had a pretty good stint in the EPL though (very nearly won it with Liverpool). The plate-smashing convict has no record in any credible league.

True, but a man can dream...