The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

One problem we have with buying players from the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs is they'll charge us more.  

I didn't want Ferguson, mainly because of the utter drivel his dad and uncle spout via Scotland’s tabloid media.  The whole family can sod off, as far as I'm concerned. 

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

One problem we have with buying players from the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs is they'll charge us more.  

I didn't want Ferguson, mainly because of the utter drivel his dad and uncle spout via Scotland’s tabloid media.  The whole family can sod off, as far as I'm concerned. 

So our signing policy should be based on whether a player's uncle talks drivel? Jesus wept.

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

So our signing policy should be based on whether a player's uncle talks drivel? Jesus wept.

Did you read the whole post, Bill?  

It should be based on uncles and dads talking drivel.  😃

Edited by Gonzo79

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Interest from AC Milan and Juventus for Bologna's Lewis Ferguson. I always felt it was ridiculous Rangers didn't try to sign him but apparently he "wasn't good enough".

He was 100% good enough when he was leaving Hamilton nevermind Aberdeen. Absolute madness. You get the usual crowd saying hes not good enough and people only look at him because of his name. Sure AC Milan and Juve are looking at him because his dad and uncle were good players.

Only issue is Aberdeen would have probably charged us a premium or made it difficult to do business with us.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I wouldn't deal with any Scottish side full stop. I was one of the many that said we shouldn't sign Ferguson and its for the point you made above Gonzo....... Aberdeen Hibs Hearts Motherwell etc would make it hell of a difficult, if not impossible, for us to sign the players. Van Veen is another example would Motherwell have sold him to us for 500k - not on your nelly. Hell Hearts wanted 600k for Souttar when his contract was up in three months!

10 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

I wouldn't deal with any Scottish side full stop. I was one of the many that said we shouldn't sign Ferguson and its for the point you made above Gonzo....... Aberdeen Hibs Hearts Motherwell etc would make it hell of a difficult, if not impossible, for us to sign the players. Van Veen is another example would Motherwell have sold him to us for 500k - not on your nelly. Hell Hearts wanted 600k for Souttar when his contract was up in three months!

I feel like the length and value of contract isn't linear with a clubs valuation of a player, or at least definitely not in recent times.

West Ham knocking back an 80m bid from Arsenal for Declan Rice and Spurs holding out for 100m+ for Kane who are both in the last year. Unless someone can tell me otherwise wasn't Bellingham in his last year for Dortmund when he went to Madrid? And he's just gone for 130m+.

There's definite deals to be done in Scotland, personally I think we should've tested the water at least for Nisbet but ah well. Ross Stewart when he was at County as well.