The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

6 hours ago, craig said:

Not necessarily - Beale has always been a big admirer of Roofe

Nah...not buyin it...and neither is anyone else.

Beale might like him but that doesn't make him dependable.

Man they need to sell that guy if they can.

That next set of crutches ain't far away. 

I'm not even castin bad juju his way either...that's just how it is. 

25 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Nah...not buyin it...and neither is anyone else.

Beale might like him but that doesn't make him dependable.

Man they need to sell that guy if they can.

That next set of crutches ain't far away. 

I'm not even castin bad juju his way either...that's just how it is. 

Mate, you said that the reason Roofe is still here is because we couldnt find a buyer....I then say that isnt necessarily the case as Roofe is well liked by Beale... and you then say nobody is buying that, and also change the narrative to whether or not he is dependable.

There is every chance he is still here because Beale likes him as a player (which he has stated plenty of times) - but if you are in the know with Beale and what his way of thinking is then I will bow to your greater knowledge......

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Best finisher at the club, has fantastic movement and was brilliant during the 55 season scoring all type of goals.

This is true. It just remains to be seen if this op has been a successful or not?. I think Roofe is a quality striker so I guess time will tell.

I'm afraid I am with Malangsob on this one. Don't have any faith that Roofe will play any more than 10-15 games max this season.

I like him and agree on his day he is arguably our BEST player, but he's never fit for any length of time

A good comparison of our forwards (including Danilo if we finally get him). A couple of surprises in there. xG vs goals for Lammers and Dessers in particular. Sima on the other hand has a low xG but outperforms it really well. Danilo just looks like an all rounder and he’ll be a star if he joins. Compliments Dessers well too as they are very different players. 

The only buying that matters when it comes to Roofe is if there's a club willing to take a gamble.  It's unlikely, so he's probably going to be here for 2023/24.

Edited by Gonzo79

21 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Looks like Feyenoord is having a little trouble finding their replacement for Danilo, so we might have to wait a little longer for him.

Good thing is: apart from any new arrival, we will have Hagi fit and running again, Roofe and Lawrence hopefully too. That's essentially 3 more quality players than we had for large spells of last season.

Having these three fully fit excites me more than any of the new signings. Hagi has the best feet at the club, Roofe is a great striker and Lawrence could be an awesome player for us. Had those three been fit last year we would have won the league imo.