The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

10 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

He might turn out to be a gem but for me he was too slow and ponderous on the ball. I lost count the amount of times he was caught on the ball last season. 

Yep, not the most mobile. Not sure how he fits into a midfield 3 tbh. Especially watching PSV last night. They play with a #9 target man de Jong / Pepi and then two wide pacy dribblers. So I doubt they will use him in a forward capacity.

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Definitely not. they didn't announce it as a club record and would have if true. 

Won't be far off though. 25m euro at least. 

Even if they did sell him for £25M, they've made less money than we did off Bassey.

You won't read that in the press though.

I was watching the RB Salzburg match stream (vs Inter). I was struck by the fans's mindest regarding players. Several comments were along the lines of '[player x] will be crazy in 1-2 years', or '[player y] will be worth 30 million in a couple of years'.

The mindset is different from us. We're, 'if they're not the final product, then they're no good ... punt them'. They're seeing potential, and what they can become.

Tillman was 'too slow on the ball and gets robbed'. But he was 20-years-old. Where will be be in a year or two when he quickens up and gets stronger on the ball? 

Yilmaz 'can't cross and is suspect defensively'. He's 21. He can learn to cross and work on his defensive positioning.

And the 'we have to win now' excuse doesn't cut it. Salzburg need to win. They look at the attributes a player has now, whilst also acknowledging where they can improve. 

I really think this is a failing in our mindset. 

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

And the 'we have to win now' excuse doesn't cut it. Salzburg need to win.

Does their fan base go into meltdown every time they drop points?

Do their fans expect them to win the league every year?

I think there's a big difference between them needing to win and us needing to win.  

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Does their fan base go into meltdown every time they drop points?

Do their fans expect them to win the league every year?

I think there's a big difference between them needing to win and us needing to win.  

I don't know to your first question, but they certainly expect to win the league every season (they've won 10 on the bounce, iirc), so they'll be touchy if they drop points. 

Winning is winning.