The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

38 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

The markets have become ridiculous. 

The valuations are absurd. 

You either need a corporation, an amazing TV deal, or a crazy rich Asian to compete. 

This is just frustrating.

Spot on. Feyenoord have brought in big money past few years so under no pressure at all to sell and can sit tight.

Thought I'd link this article on Danilo and Sima, interesting line at the end suggesting we could have a buy option.

Bring in Sima and a another striker (Danilo/Dessers e.g) and its starting to look better. Honestly though left centre back is a big issue for me.

Anyways, Chris Jack is reliable. I'd like it if The Athletic signed him up seeing as Campbell has gone although I think that was just for 'balance' in terms of reporting on the OF clubs. Load of bull***t but hey ho.

56 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Bolton have passed on the opportunity to sign Baccus. 

500k.

No brainer.

Eddie Turnbull, who managed, I think, the Hertz, ken, and Aiberdeen, once told a player who had earned his displeasure:

'The problem with you, son, is that your brains are in yer heid'. 

I am still trying to figure you out. 

41 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Eddie Turnbull, who managed, I think, the Hertz, ken, and Aiberdeen

Whit?

The great Eddie Turnbull, inside left in the Famous Five hibbee forward line did indeed manage Aiberdeen before succeeding Bob Shankly at Easter Road and putting on the pitch one of Scottish football’s most entertaining sides.

But the Hertz? Gorgie would have been in furious rebellion, ken?

Eddie Turnbull was a fantastic Gaffer, his Tornadoes side at the Hibees was a must see.

A solid back four of Brownlie, Black, Blackley and, Schaedler. The midfield three of Stanton, Gardner and, O'Rourke had it all. Wide on either flanks were Duncan and Cropley, lots of pace. The two regulars that could have been replaced for better were the Keeper and, Alan Gordon.

The player Eddie(former Royal Navy Chief Petty Officer)Turnbull told, "you are unfortunate son as all your brains are in your heid" was Tony Higgins. After Hibs, he spent several years at Thistle before taking up the reigns at the Players' Union.

22 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

The two regulars that could have been replaced for better were the Keeper and, Alan Gordon.

Joe Harper replaced Alan Gordon. (Funny, I always think of Gordon as Hearts and Harper as Aberdeen)

Be fair. The ‘keeper had played a fair bit for Newcastle United and had a bit of a career after leaving the Hibs.

But you’re right. That was a tremendous Hibs team. Put the young Joe Baker into it and Wow!