The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

Borna Barisic is no Sandy Jardine

i also remember a young Alan Hansen playing in his first games for the jags at full back it doesn't do any harm to try 

18 hours ago, Rousseau said:

If MB continues with the 4-3-1-2, I don't see a place for Lawrence.

He won't play as the #10 over Cantwell or Dowell. 

Maybe if we play with two #10s, which MB has switched to in certain games (e.g. Hibs).

Cantwell isnt playing as a 10 presently, he is floating with a preference for the left side.  We know Beale likes his multiple fluid "10's so there is no reason that Lawrence can't fit in that, either as a 10 or as a left sided attacker or, indeed, as one of the fluid 3 behind the focal point.

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

@Bill and @BlackSocksRedTops --

Lawrence, Cantwell, Dowell, Hagi, Lowry and, when the king returns, Tillman, for one or two positions.

Lawrence is bottom of the list, for me; and a #10 isn't his position, he's a winger. 

I think you've all been duped by Lawrence because he scored a couple of goals in the 5 games he played in the league. 

I thinkthat you are trying to fit your own narrative in here.  Lawrence may have "scored a couple of goals" but he was our best, most creative player in each of his outings before injury.

A fit Tom Lawrence is as good as the players you have mentioned above and he's certainly better than Hagi & Lowry, and Dowell is a complete unknown to us at this point.

8 minutes ago, craig said:

Cantwell isnt playing as a 10 presently, he is floating with a preference for the left side.  We know Beale likes his multiple fluid "10's so there is no reason that Lawrence can't fit in that, either as a 10 or as a left sided attacker or, indeed, as one of the fluid 3 behind the focal point.

Hence why I wrote, 'if MB continues with the 4-3-1-2', and I also said that I could see Lawrence playing if MB plays two #10s, which he has most recently against Hibs. 

Generally Cantwell has played as one of the #8, because we had Tillman, but most recently Cantwell has been playing as a #10.

17 minutes ago, craig said:

I thinkthat you are trying to fit your own narrative in here.  Lawrence may have "scored a couple of goals" but he was our best, most creative player in each of his outings before injury.

A fit Tom Lawrence is as good as the players you have mentioned above and he's certainly better than Hagi & Lowry, and Dowell is a complete unknown to us at this point.

I disagree. 

Personally, I think the only thing Lawrence has is a long shot, which is catnip for many fans - like Kevin Thomson and a hard tackle. (I'll admit I'm being harsh, here, though.)

Stats (from Championship, because he hasn't played enough for us to have any) show he takes a lot of shots, created himself, but his creativity (assists, progressive passes and progressive carries) is rather low. I thought he's be higher with the progressive carries because he was a winger that can dribble. 

Screenshot2023-05-2414_56_42.thumb.png.638bb687f650e31aa5d6607e1d990e0e.png

13 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Dude...I would sell Hagi's kidneys to the Chinese to pay for that kid. 

Because they wouldn't pay for his legs...OH!!!

I say old boy, you've got that all wrong. The real money is in Russia, where kidneys tend to be high demand, for obvious reasons.

From above: “Scott Wright is set for a permanent move to English Championship side Preston according to reports.”

Preston North End have never managed to replace Tom Finney.

It seems the search goes on.