The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just now, compo said:

Given that our budget will not be astronomical we’re would you focus the money on , I would go for defenders first and foremost .

We need recruitment up front, in midfield, in defence and in goals.

A lot will depend on who all goes.

12 hours ago, Bill said:

I agree with you. If only he was £2m instead of £5m

Yeah I think 5m is too much. @Blue Moon would argue we could sell him on for more but I havent seen enough from him in the big games (against them and Europe) to suggest he would progress sufficiently for a big sell on

Regarding Tillman ... we were always some sort of stepping stone / proving ground for a upcoming Bayern talent, who had no hope of cutting it against these multi-million stars (or against others in the German national side - hence opting for the US). But we gave him a platform to show his raw talents, which he did. Now it is more or less up to him to see what sort of attention he has attracted, not least in the lower levels of the EPL, the Bundesliga, or in warmer climates. Ultimately, we have Hagi, Cantwell, Lowry, and Dowell all looking for a similar role in our future midfield.

Wright looks to be heading to Preston. Sad to see him go, same as with Arfield. A decent squad player to have, usually brought a spark to our attack, and IMHO used far too sparingly ... not least when we stuck in so many crafters against packed defences, instead of attackers. Hence we toiled to low-score wins or draws. All the best to him!