The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

9 hours ago, Bill said:

The game in Scotland has been on life support for years. The SFA has much to answer for. 

20 years ago Aberdeen spent 1 million on a player Paul Bernard. They also spent about 800k on Dean Windass who was highly coveted down south at the time, Motherwell, Dundee, Hibs all spent more money than they spend now. SPFL must be the only footballing economy that's went backwards over the last 20 years.

15 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I wouldn't compare team and player. 

We'd need to compare his xG to actual goals to see how clinical he is. 

His recent Dutch season showed him hitting his xG.

His Serie A season also sees him hit his xG closely. 

If you watch some of the youtube videos what stands out for me is he has a great touch & turn with his back to goal and is good running onto though balls, decent bit of pace to him. 

He will score goals for us no doubt.

5 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If you watch some of the youtube videos what stands out for me is he has a great touch & turn with his back to goal and is good running onto though balls, decent bit of pace to him. 

He will score goals for us no doubt.

My issue is his age. 

15 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

SPFL must be the only footballing economy that's went backwards over the last 20 years.

Not so sure about that.  Plenty of other leagues have been left behind too, mainly because UEFA's focus is on the big five and making sure all the big clubs remain in the Champions League.  

10 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Scott Arfield been offered a deal by Plymouth, also Hearts and Aberdeen. Plymouth offer blew both away.

Arfield off to Argyle towear the green? Maybe he’ll get to wear his own shirt. 

A good season and they’ll change their name to Plymouth Arfield.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Not so sure about that.  Plenty of other leagues have been left behind too, mainly because UEFA's focus is on the big five and making sure all the big clubs remain in the Champions League.  

The likes of Portugal, Holland, Belgium, Austria etc have clubs that have been spending a bit more cash these days compared to 20 years ago. But your right there probably is similar examples but I doubt its at the scale of the SPFLs financial regression.

13 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

My issue is his age. 

Yeah, thats a downside. Unless he comes in for a low fee on low wages for 4 years and you get 4 good years out of him. Also you would expect if we have Dessers 28, Colak 29/30. Roofe (lol) 30. Then you'd expect a younger guy to come in whos perhaps a bit of a gamble (like Morelos was) as competition.

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Didnt Nice pay 20 million for him :D What have they put in your coffee this morning?

Out of contract next summer and last two loans (at Seville and Hoffenheim) haven't went too well since he was diagnosed with diabetes. 

Nice want to move him on and he's available for around £5m with a possible loan-to-buy deal.  Other teams interested (including PSV) and we may be too... ;)