The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Worry not lads i am sure the Ibrox brains trust have a cunning plan to  take us back to top spot come August you will all be heading to George Square for a party ( no breaking benches ) .now 

1 hour ago, Idisi said:

If you have to take gambles on players, it would be better if these were contract-free. If they fail, there is little hope someone spends cash to buy them. So one has to hope the coach knows what he is doing. But Cantwell should give you hope, I think :tu: 

Yeah, i think Jelavic had a poor scoring record before he came to us. When he came he was exactly what we needed.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Not impressed with Lammers. Lack of goals is one thing, but his inability to play games anywhere since Gerrard's first season here has alarm bells ringing in my head. If he had performed well at any of those clubs in the past 5 years he'd at least have played regularly.  I understand the market we shop in, but do we need to take risks like this?

By far his best season in terms of minutes alone was this season, which is good, but he played 200 minutes less than Ryan Jack, and only 250 minutes more than Sands, who left in January and wasn't a nailed on starter. And the other sign of that spell not going that well is his minutes trailing off as the season went on. He was playing in Serie A, so we can cut him a bit of slack, but Sampdoria were miles adrift at the bottom of the league so he wasn't playing for a good team. 

I'll probably get grief for being negative, but that's pretty much what I'm here for. 

I don't think his lack of minutes is that telling, to be honest.

At Sampdoria he had Quagliarella and Gabbiadini in front of him; two legends, almost - certainly the former. Lammers was just a back-up to them. 

Secondly, you're comparing the minutes from players that play 38 league games and another 20 games in cups. Lammers plays league games only, and a very short run in the domestic cup.  

If you just compare his league minutes, he's played over 600 minutes more than Jack.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Not impressed with Lammers. Lack of goals is one thing, but his inability to play games anywhere since Gerrard's first season here has alarm bells ringing in my head. If he had performed well at any of those clubs in the past 5 years he'd at least have played regularly.  I understand the market we shop in, but do we need to take risks like this?

By far his best season in terms of minutes alone was this season, which is good, but he played 200 minutes less than Ryan Jack, and only 250 minutes more than Sands, who left in January and wasn't a nailed on starter. And the other sign of that spell not going that well is his minutes trailing off as the season went on. He was playing in Serie A, so we can cut him a bit of slack, but Sampdoria were miles adrift at the bottom of the league so he wasn't playing for a good team. 

I'll probably get grief for being negative, but that's pretty much what I'm here for. 

I was thinking about the way in which we take to certain rumours. It's often illogical, and then we pick and chose the stats that suite our position.

I don't like Dessers. Mainly because of his age, but also I think he's just a goalscorer that does nothing else. 

Whereas Lammers is not a goalscorer, younger, his technical ability looks superb, his link-up play looks good, he presses, he puts in the defensive work. He also quite tall and fast. 

If it's a straight choice, I much prefer Lammers.

It's fascinating how we see things differently. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I was thinking about the way in which we take to certain rumours. It's often illogical, and then we pick and chose the stats that suite our position.

I don't like Dessers. Mainly because of his age, but also I think he's just a goalscorer that does nothing else. 

Whereas Lammers is not a goalscorer, younger, his technical ability looks superb, his link-up play looks good, he presses, he puts in the defensive work. He also quite tall and fast. 

If it's a straight choice, I much prefer Lammers.

It's fascinating how we see things differently. 

Fair point, if Beale thinks he can get goals out of Lammers then we'll have a good player.

There's plenty of examples of players being bought under scrutiny and coming in and doing better than expected, look at Diogo Jota for Liverpool. They bought him for the thick end of 50m and everyone thought it was nonsensical with his numbers but he came in and has been 1 in 2 since with no prior telling that he had it in him.

I might be a bit too positive but I trust Beale, cifuentes + lammers and another attacker and left sided centre back and we're almost there I'd say.

Is an out and out striker who will score 25 plus goals going to fit into Beales plan? Last season we scored more goals than we did during the 55 season so we must be doing something right (despite misfiring in so many games). I think if we add another 10/15 goals and cut out the catastrophic mistakes at the back we won't be far away. That's why I trust Beale when it comes to getting the right players for HIS team. For example, in the right team, Colak would score 25 plus but we are not that team. I see us having a glut of players next season who will score 10 goals plus as opposed to one striker who will bang in 30 goals. 

14 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Is an out and out striker who will score 25 plus goals going to fit into Beales plan? Last season we scored more goals than we did during the 55 season so we must be doing something right (despite misfiring in so many games). I think if we add another 10/15 goals and cut out the catastrophic mistakes at the back we won't be far away. That's why I trust Beale when it comes to getting the right players for HIS team. For example, in the right team, Colak would score 25 plus but we are not that team. I see us having a glut of players next season who will score 10 goals plus as opposed to one striker who will bang in 30 goals. 

Most find it difficult to see past the traditional number 9.

Did you know Man City scored more goals last season without Haaland?