The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Looking purely at stats, Lammers gives me fear, 5 goals in 57 appearances since 2020 for a striker.....

Averaging just under 20 games a season on average.

6ft 3 though

Edited by lenny3k

4 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

Looking purely at stats, Lammers gives me fear, 5 goals in 57 appearances since 2020 for a striker.....

6ft 3 though

A glimmer of hope I've got is that Atalanta invested in him and they've had some pearlers in recent years.

29 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

6ft 3 though

He might be more of a Bergkamp type than a van Nistelrooy in which case i'd take him. 

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

He might be more of a Bergkamp type than a van Nistelrooy in which case i'd take him. 

Done the obligatory youtube clips and he looks pretty silky so it's not a bad comparison, maybe not to his level though.

He looks like he'll be able to retain the ball which is key - if we had someone who could make it stick those cup matches against Celtic would've been a lot easier.

5 hours ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Cannot say Dessers or Lammers excite me much tbh. Has the Hagi Wright thing gone teets up? 

Lambert and Dressers are the type of gambles we need to take. I'll give both the benefit of the doubt and hope they smash it. 

Hagi Wright would he a great signing but as others have said, he'll go for over £10M so whilst we are interested he'll most likely go elsewhere 

If you have to take gambles on players, it would be better if these were contract-free. If they fail, there is little hope someone spends cash to buy them. So one has to hope the coach knows what he is doing. But Cantwell should give you hope, I think :tu: 

Not impressed with Lammers. Lack of goals is one thing, but his inability to play games anywhere since Gerrard's first season here has alarm bells ringing in my head. If he had performed well at any of those clubs in the past 5 years he'd at least have played regularly.  I understand the market we shop in, but do we need to take risks like this?

By far his best season in terms of minutes alone was this season, which is good, but he played 200 minutes less than Ryan Jack, and only 250 minutes more than Sands, who left in January and wasn't a nailed on starter. And the other sign of that spell not going that well is his minutes trailing off as the season went on. He was playing in Serie A, so we can cut him a bit of slack, but Sampdoria were miles adrift at the bottom of the league so he wasn't playing for a good team. 

I'll probably get grief for being negative, but that's pretty much what I'm here for.