The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just now, RANGERRAB said:

Let’s hope I’m proved wrong about the Jack Butland signing…..

two things concern me:

1) lack of game time past 2 seasons ( as SAF would say before signing a player,  check his attendance record )

2) signing him on 4 year deal at £30k per week(?)we’re stuck with him if he loses form, gets dropped and sees out his contract. Think Matondo & you’ll get what I mean

We’d have been better getting a younger keeper & battling it out with McCrorie for the number1 jersey IMO

30 is young for a keeper. A keeper who turned down 2 or 3 times the salary to stay at his boyhood hero's. 

Every signing is a gamble, but it's gambles you have to take. As for McCorrie he is not a Rangers No1 (yet). The game at Easter Road showed his limitations. 

Keeper was one of our problem positions and we've addressed it by signing a very good, experienced and international goal keeper. 

Just now, RANGERRAB said:

Let’s hope I’m proved wrong about the Jack Butland signing…..

two things concern me:

1) lack of game time past 2 seasons ( as SAF would say before signing a player,  check his attendance record )

2) signing him on 4 year deal at £30k per week(?)we’re stuck with him if he loses form, gets dropped and sees out his contract. Think Matondo & you’ll get what I mean

We’d have been better getting a younger keeper & battling it out with McCrorie for the number1 jersey IMO

1.  Is "lack of games" same as "check attendance record" ?  I suggest not, given where he was registered to play last year (and the screenshot below seems to back that up)

2.  Think Cantwell and maybe the club made the right decision on length and size of contract..... - point being, nobody knows beforehand what to expect.  Do you honestly think that Butland will see out his contract if dropped ?  Maybe consider that he was offered twice as much at Man U but rejected it because he wanted games.  Nothing about the lad suggests "gets dropped and sees out contract".

Disagree - McCrorie is already young - he is the one young keeper we should keep as competition for an experienced keeper like Butland.

image.png

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

30 is young for a keeper. A keeper who turned down 2 or 3 times the salary to stay at his boyhood hero's. 

Every signing is a gamble, but it's gambles you have to take. As for McCorrie he is not a Rangers No1 (yet). The game at Easter Road showed his limitations. 

Keeper was one of our problem positions and we've addressed it by signing a very good, experienced and international goal keeper. 

lol, great minds it would seem @CammyF :D

There's obviously a keeper in Butland, anyone who remembers him at Birmingham City or Stoke know that he's got bags of ability.

Hopefully the style of keeping that's required at Rangers will suit him better; dealing with crosses, counters, 1 big chance a game and distribution instead of just getting peppered with shots.

The sitting on high wages if he flops is bogus, teams would love him down south as a no.2/3 to fill a quota..hence why Utd offered to double his wages.

Beale could talk a preacher out of his bible. 

What a coup.

Could this be a trainwreck?

Yeah...but that is anyone.

This dude, when on his game, is next level.

We get a good stretch out of this cat, and it will be well worth the money. 

8.5 out of 10.

Stoked.