The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I for one wouldn't mind Shankland, as he's certainly a finisher and proven scorer in Scotland ... where we have to earn our corn. I would likewise prefer him to play alongside another striker though, be it Colak or another centre-forward. Sakala should stay on either "wing"/left-right-sided-attack-slot/however you want to call it. Hearts will sure want some hard cash, but 3-4m should be enough. So far, we have done well in the free-transfer market and there are enough strikers at the end of their contracts too, this list is just the 23-30 year old age bracket. Still, someone who knows the way about in Scotland might be a reasonable shout.

Go all in for Ross Stewart...

12 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Butland medical today apparently 

Getting things done swiftly is amazing. Getting all these guys sorted and well in the door for pre season gives me a great level of confidence. 

Compare this type of business with our pursuit of Colak last summer. A guy not wanted by his club, who wanted to come here, wasn't on big money, club didn't want big money for him and no one else was interested. It still took us about a month and into pre season before signing him. Amateur stuff.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

21 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Why be sure about that?

Best thing is for him to go elsewhere and demonstrate that he is good enough.

Maybe that's too obvious

1 hour ago, yuddie said:

Done by the sounds of it, to be honest on a free and with prem and intl experience - regardless of how his career has stalled: it's a no brainer.

Very happy with that!

A promising start so far, 3 players in with no transfer outlay (sign-on fees exempt) means we still should have a few quid to spend, plus any incoming transfer fees, however small (Kamara/Wright/Davies etc).

2 hours ago, yuddie said:

Done by the sounds of it, to be honest on a free and with prem and intl experience - regardless of how his career has stalled: it's a no brainer.

All things considered, I doubt we could have hoped for better. Well done Rangers, let's get it signed and sealed.