The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

3 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Don't know why Davis can't be groomed for an eventual coaching role at Ibrox. Surely a future manager?

Why be sure about that?

Best thing is for him to go elsewhere and demonstrate that he is good enough.

3 hours ago, yuddie said:

Villareal have apparently had an £8.5m pound bid rejected for Haji Wright.

For £7m it's a goer I think, £8.5m+ is looking a bit too much.

Quoted from the Daily Record so unsure how accurate.

I think we would do ok in the SPL. He has had some decent numbers over the last three seasons. 

image.thumb.png.ef8bf9bd918130d08c6d8d9407a0ba88.png

But 8.5+ is a bit steep. 

6 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I think we would do ok in the SPL. He has had some decent numbers over the last three seasons. 

image.thumb.png.ef8bf9bd918130d08c6d8d9407a0ba88.png

But 8.5+ is a bit steep. 

Oh yeah I like his profile, physically and what he's put down over the last few seasons.

It's interesting if we do bite the bullet on this, it's a signal of intent from the new board which the fans would back.

If he scores goals that gets us to the UCL and a league title it's brilliant business, if not then it's a lot. Just got to trust the manager and staff doing their due diligence.

17 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Anyone on here who really thinks we are buying someone for 7m+ this summer?

To be fair didn't we buy Ryan Kent for 6.5m+ add ons ? When we were definitely less well off.

If there's going to be a time to do it, it's in a summer requiring a significant rebuild.

I suppose if we shift Colak and Kamara that's a fair chunk of it paid off already.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Anyone on here who really thinks we are buying someone for 7m+ this summer?

No.

we we’re linked with Cyril Dessers of cremonese recently he cost them 5.5 a loan to buy at a discount for him could be on the cards as they got relegated this year.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

I think we’ll need to bring in a couple of strikers. Alfie’s gone & Roofe simply isn’t available often enough 

Either Kevin Nisbet or Shankland would make sense. Probably Nisbet as he’s more readily available with just one year left in his contract.

30 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I think we’ll need to bring in a couple of strikers. Alfie’s gone & Roofe simply isn’t available often enough 

Either Kevin Nisbet or Shankland would make sense. Probably Nisbet as he’s more readily available with just one year left in his contract.

Millwall have had a vid accepted for Nisbett and frankly, Mr Shankland isn't good enough.