[FT] Rangers 3 (Cantwell 5'; Souttar 34'; Sakala 70') - 0 Celtic

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Going by the manager's presser, looks like a team along the lines below is likely tomorrow.

Can't see Jack starting despite being available and I'm sure we can all perm our own front three from the underwhelming options we have. Wright possible instead of Hagi as he impressed when he came on last week. Looks like the Morelos olive branch stuff also suggests a start for him.

Fv7VmjDXgAAdpJi?format=jpg&name=large

I would be mortified to see that team take the field and hugely disappointed if McGregor and Morelos feature at all. I would start with Jack sitting deeper, behind, Raskin, Cantwell and Arfield with Wright and Hagi further forward. It's a pity we don't have an out-and-out striker available but a disinterested and isolated Morelos won't achieve anything. We need to focus on retaining better possession than we've done recently.

It's an error in the pitch side of the graphic - McCrorie will play as confirmed by the manager. ;)

I wouldn't play Morelos either but the manager's words today suggested he may well be used.  As for Jack, that depends on his fitness but Lundstram has been good in the last two games so I'd stick with him for now.

I'd be happy enough with Arfield somewhere in the team but, like many that are available (Matondo, Wright, Sakala and Hagi) you just don't know what you're going to get.  All are clearly capable on occasion but not often enough unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

It's an error in the pitch side of the graphic - McCrorie will play as confirmed by the manager. ;)

I wouldn't play Morelos either but the manager's words today suggested he may well be used.  As for Jack, that depends on his fitness but Lundstram has been good in the last two games so I'd stick with him for now.

I'd be happy enough with Arfield somewhere in the team but, like many that are available (Matondo, Wright, Sakala and Hagi) you just don't know what you're going to get.  All are clearly capable on occasion but not often enough unfortunately.

I could go with Lundstram too but Jack is simply the better player so if he's available he should always be first choice, especially in a deeper role where passing and not being rushed in possession is vital. Further forward, we've been plagued by lone forwards being isolated and starved of opportunities, reducing us effectively to ten men, so I'd prefer to see us cut out some of the long crosses and focus more on dominating space through the middle and fullbacks focussing on defensive duties against a team that won't come to Ibrox to sit in.

1 hour ago, lenny3k said:

Its such lazy jounalism to continually bring up this guard of honour shite, its not gonna happen, everybody knows its not going to happen, they wouldn't do it if the shoe was on the other foot, just lazy journalism

They refused to do it for 55 - why is it such an issue now ?

1 minute ago, Yorkie Bear said:

Cantwell seems to be booked in every match he starts. I've a feeling tomorrow could be a red for him.

In that case I hope he sends a couple of them to hospital.