[FT] Rangers 3 (Cantwell 5'; Souttar 34'; Sakala 70') - 0 Celtic

13 hours ago, Rousseau said:

That was alright in the days of amateurs when they kicked about a pig's bladder. 

It doesn't cut it now. 

You got it in one we play like amateurs most weeks so that’s how they should be treated like amateurs 

2 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

I would normally agree but kinda disagree on this one. I don't want us to beat them, when they have nothing left to prove this season and our board thinking "well, maybe we don't need so many new faces this summer, this team could do a job". No wallpapering over the cracks please. 

I doubt a win in Saturday would make them think that. 

Whereas a win would take the monkey off not winning off Beale's back, including some of the pressure from the "Beale out" fans, plus sew doubts and knock the confidence of the celtic players. We don't want them going into next season with the winning mentality that they've had this season, ad it tends to be self-perpetuating, as we found during NIAR.

Stifle them, draw them out and spring wee Matondo. Five in defence, three when attacking. C'mon The Gers :rfc:

Matondo
          Cantwell      Kamara      Raskin     Hagi
  Ridvan         Davies       Souttar      Goldson     Tav

7 hours ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Stifle them, draw them out and spring wee Matondo. Five in defence, three when attacking. C'mon The Gers :rfc:

Matondo

I would be behind the couch with that lineup.

7 hours ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Matondo

Recipe for a defeat.

More defenders means more chance of a defender making a mistake.

55 minutes ago, compo said:

It’s all about salvaging some pride from a dire season and giving the fans a good day out with some enjoyable football.

Aye but who cares about folk who stump up to support the team home and away when armchair fans would prefer us to stick the youth team out.

😁

I think this game matters more to Beale than it does to any of the players. Since coming in he beats everybody apart from one blip at Dolly, but (if a victory is not forthcoming) he cant beat a really bang average timmy team in 5 attempts including 2 at Ibrox and 2 at Hampden then it damages him greatly in the eyes of many.

That said, we could win 5-0 tomorrow and it will just be even more frustrating that we couldnt do it in the cup games that really mattered, we only win a dead rubber match so he really cant win. Lose 3-0 tomorrow and we can blame the lack of forwards, a squad on the way out etc but it will still be hanging over MB that he doesnt have what it takes to win the big games.

No matter the result tomorrow I think we all agree Beale stays until at least the Autumn, and as he is in full control of the ins and outs this summer and he certainly has mapped out what he wants to get done so he will he judged more on 1 September than 13 May. If we have moved on a lot of deadwood, recruited well, started the season well including winning the first OF game at Ibrox, qualified for the CL then this period will be painful history and he will be fully accepted and I and many others will be apologising to him and delighted to be wrong about him. Fail and he will be dead man walking and wont see Christmas and I will be gutted to be proven right.