[FT] Rangers 3 (Cantwell 5'; Souttar 34'; Sakala 70') - 0 Celtic

37 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I don't necessarily agree with that argument. 

Pressure either eviscerates, or creates diamonds. 

It is dependent upon the conditions present.

Fan is short for fanatic. The pragmatic sportsman learns this very early on. 

One of the main errs I see in our system is we simply coddle these MEN (they can vote, die in war, go to prison)...MEN for far too long. 

But they can't get out there and play a damn game of football?

Not to sound like the blind American here but they have leagues all over this world where 16, 17, 18 year old's are out there with the big boys.

How old are our 'kids'?

Nah...stop this mama bear BS and get em wet. 

Nothin to it but to do it. 

Very, very few of these "16, 17 and 18 yr olds out there with the big boys" will have ever played in the white hot atmosphere of this particular game.  Seasoned, experienced professionals have wilted under this game, and many more have witnessed it and felt it is an atmosphere they have never experienced before.  And you think throwing a 16-18 yr old in will somehow put hairs on his chest ? 

One example on what I believe is naivety (apologies, cant think of a better word) is you have Leon King at LCB with Adam Devine beside him at LB - up against, presumably Jota.... recipe for disaster - at the very least, if you wanted to play those kids... play King at RCB and Devine at LB - that way there is experience of Tavernier and Souttar splitting them.

This game is not like any other in world football, other than maybe River Plate v Boca - it isnt a game where you can just say "throw them in, nothing to lose".  It just isnt that type of game. 

21 minutes ago, compo said:

Stick with young McCrorie in goal play thre in front of him Soutar Goodson and Yilmaz plonk four in the middle in whatever formation Jack Hagi Raskin and Cantwell go with three up front as our centre forward has hit the hopeless button play Wright Colak and Sakala , piece of piss 

Jack and Colak will probably still be injured (?), and there's no way we should be playing Yilmaz as part of a back 3. He's not suited to that role.

With a back 3 and central midfield made up of players largely based in the centre of the park, who is going to deal with Jota and Abada? Surely we need full backs to counter them?

4 minutes ago, craig said:

- it isnt a game where you can just say "throw them in, nothing to lose".  It just isnt that type of game. 

Agreed. We did it with Diallo last year and it took him months to recover.

We've seen the support turn on Matondo, for example, and is in general very unforgiving at the moment. It could destroy a player's confidence if they are thrown in.

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

I don't necessarily agree with that argument. 

Pressure either eviscerates, or creates diamonds. 

It is dependent upon the conditions present.

Fan is short for fanatic. The pragmatic sportsman learns this very early on. 

One of the main errs I see in our system is we simply coddle these MEN (they can vote, die in war, go to prison)...MEN for far too long. 

But they can't get out there and play a damn game of football?

Not to sound like the blind American here but they have leagues all over this world where 16, 17, 18 year old's are out there with the big boys.

How old are our 'kids'?

Nah...stop this mama bear BS and get em wet. 

Nothin to it but to do it. 

You sound like the blind American here.

26 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I can only imagine it will be the same team that started against Aberdeen aside from Souttar in for the injured (again) Davies and possibly Wright for Hagi.

I suspect he may bring back McGregor.