[FT] Rangers 3 (Cantwell 5'; Souttar 34'; Sakala 70') - 0 Celtic

17 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Jack and Colak will probably still be injured (?), and there's no way we should be playing Yilmaz as part of a back 3. He's not suited to that role.

With a back 3 and central midfield made up of players largely based in the centre of the park, who is going to deal with Jota and Abada? Surely we need full backs to counter them?

Far to much nonsense talked about tactics just tell them to get their sleeves rolled up and get stuck in you’d be amazed at the outcome some days 

5 minutes ago, compo said:

Far to much nonsense talked about tactics just tell them to get their sleeves rolled up and get stuck in you’d be amazed at the outcome some days 

That was alright in the days of amateurs when they kicked about a pig's bladder. 

It doesn't cut it now. 

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

And when your defenders look as though they should have pigs' bladders....but on a stick?

Pig's Bladder on a Stick you say?

I had that at Raymond Blanc's Le Manoir, French Chefs love a bit of offal. The stick could have done with more garlic.

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Pig's Bladder on a Stick you say?

I had that at Raymond Blanc's Le Manoir, French Chefs love a bit of offal. The stick could have done with more garlic.

That was a child's toy, lost by some poor wean, from its pram. 

And you ate it.

Any easy mistake to make, I am sure. especially, if you thought you were at The Fat Duck. 

Mind you, the fact that the 'balloon' part was not filled with the foamed testicles of camelidae should have tipped you the wink. 

Of course, if you had started on the stick, probably better to continue and avoid embarrassment. 

On 09/05/2023 at 23:15, Malangsob said:

Nothing would chap the scum's cheeks more than if we started B heavy side against them.

I think it would be hilarious and a potential learning opportunity for all concerned. 

McCrorie

Souttar                    King   

Tav                                                               Devine

Lundstram

Raskin--Lowry

Cantwell                                      Matondo

Ure

Honestly, I would love that. We have nothing to play for apart from learning how some of our 'future star' can handle the occasion, or at least for those individuals to learn something about themselves.  I use the term 'future stars' loosely, of course. 

On 10/05/2023 at 10:30, Bluedell said:

Every game against Celtic should only have one goal and that's to win. Experimentation and evaluation can take place in other games.

I would normally agree but kinda disagree on this one. I don't want us to beat them, when they have nothing left to prove this season and our board thinking "well, maybe we don't need so many new faces this summer, this team could do a job". No wallpapering over the cracks please. 

On 10/05/2023 at 14:13, craig said:

Playing the team you suggested we would get hosed.  That would not provide any kind of morale boost to those young players whatsoever - if anything, their Rangers careers could be ended because of it - our fans simply wouldnt accept it.

I agree that the final phase should be about experimentation - but not in this game - this game is far more than just 3 points whether either set of fans care to admit it or not.

But is it Craig? We've been here before, winning against a Celtic team already champions in a dead rubber, it doesn't win over anybody. A case of too little too late. But I do get it, there will be many who will want to see the team beat them regardless that the season is over. but I certainly won't be that fussed by the score on Saturday. I'd rather see some players get the experience and learn about themselves and what level they need to be at to make it at our club and I see that as a far more valuable lesson, even if we get tanked. 

There's only so many games against that lot without winning that any Rangers manager can withstand.

Which is why Beale will pick the strongest side available to him on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

Honestly, I would love that. We have nothing to play for apart from learning how some of our 'future star' can handle the occasion, or at least for those individuals to learn something about themselves.  I use the term 'future stars' loosely, of course. 

Dude, that's all I'm sayin. 

Craig made some valid points though.

I can see it both ways.