Unofficial Season Review

5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Unsung Hero -  Kent (played well for a majority of the season but was criticised by many for performances when he was unfit)

I really do want to agree with you regarding Kent, i was his biggest supporter and stuck up for him in many a heated diagreement but on reflection i now feel very disappointed in him...not to the extent that he was a flop.

POTS - Tav, between him and Fashion.

Flop - McGregor, didn't even bother diving in the end

Most Improved - King, pleased with his minutes and performances this season

Unsung Hero - Sakala, without his contributions we would've been a lot worse off, but people don't like to admit it

Best Signing - Cantwell, speaks for itself

1 hour ago, onevision said:

I really do want to agree with you regarding Kent, i was his biggest supporter and stuck up for him in many a heated diagreement but on reflection i now feel very disappointed in him...not to the extent that he was a flop.

And yet Tav was dreadful from Sept-Nov and many pick him for their POTY. 

POTS - Tillman; consistently above average all season, no one else was. 

Flop - Matondo; might still come good, but enormously disappointing signing so far.

Most Improved - Sakala; looked like he'd no future with us at one point, improved to the point that with a touch more composure he might become a star...

Unsung Hero - Tav; 55 appearances (more than any other player) and 18 goals from fullback despite a dip in form and struggling with injury at times. 

Best Signing - Colak; joint top scorer this season with Tav and vital goals in Europe. Lawrence looked good before injury, Souter looked good after injury, Cantwell and Raskin haven't played enough matches yet, all 4 of them may prove better signings in the long run. 

8 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Best Signing - Colak; joint top scorer this season with Tav and vital goals in Europe.

I don't think he was the best signing but it is very easy to forget that contribution.

Scoring to qualify for the group stages was one of the most valuable contributions of the season.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

@Rousseau I trust you have a big spreadsheet and are collating all these responses so that we can have he definitive Gersnet :

• Player of the Season
  • Biggest Flop
  • Most Improved
  • Unsung Hero
  • Best Signing

I do like a big spreadsheet... 

Player of the Season: Tillman for overall contribution across 43 games

Biggest Flop: Matondo may have been injured for long periods but he really has struggled when he has featured

Most Improved: Yilmaz had a difficult start to his Rangers career but finished the season strongly

Unsung Hero: Barisic is rightly criticised for questionable defending but I think that he's a reliable, useful player for the most part

Best Signing: Cantwell for obvious reasons but will he maintain those standards?

Kent has been rubbish for the last two seasons.  Can't believe anyone would vote for him as anything but a Flop but it just shows that we all see things differently. 

He's one player I won't miss one bit.