SPFL Fixtures Announced

So we got the first OF game after our massive CL play-off 2nd leg qualifier while tims have a blank week - TICK

4 out of the six games in group stages are followed by an away game - TICK

The "random" fixture generator never disappoints.

The big huge massive shock is that the tims are scheduled to be at home on 11 November. Someone at the SPFL is getting their jotters.

I dont think the fixtures are as blatantly bad as in previous years, but the two points above are huge and can make a difference. We just have to rise above it and get the job done.

4 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

The dressing room will not be 'pumped' after playing jobbers.

It will send them to sleep.

Not if you have a team full of new guys who are just beginning to gel. 

Playing a game that matters, for points, and getting a good result will go a long way. 

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye but let's focus on the negatives, so we can live in a state of perma-rage.  

Yup, what was all the fuss about?

I hate to see us drifting into a state of victimhood that was once monopolised by others. Perhaps those on this forum who have this tendency will find a mirror to look at and talk themselves out of it. They know who they are.

4 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

We have Aberdeen, Celtic,  Hearts and Hibs all at home in first round of fixtures.

Usually, it is a reversal of the games of the season before. Aberdeen aside, we faced all these teams away first last season. thus, you can envisage that we will meet all these teams bar Aberdeen away from home near/post split.

I generally don't mind when we play who - we have to beat everyone to win the league - but what I dislike is having lots of away games in December; I think that's detrimental with the inevitable fixture congestion over that period.  

I've seen the fixtures and to be honest I think the start through to November is fairly favourable, then from November to February will be crunch time and a grind and then it eases off a little bit.

Honestly can't see why we can't win 7/7 for the first couple of months, or at least go unbeaten.