[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 52pen) - 3 Olympiacos

4 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Yano what..

For a laugh, let's stick with Borna.

For the Culture.

He's got Beale sweating with his connections I reckon, the Croatian mafia are balls deep into the hierarchy.

Can't think of any other reason as to how he came out for the second half like.

For the record, I've always rated Borna...

It is because Ridvan is not good enough.

17 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I can't answer any of those specific questions as I haven't seen any of the games but are you really surprised that we have shown inconsistent form in training exercises with multiple changes at half time and a glut of new players. We need to calm down and let the manager work it out. 

What is most concerning is that we can't pass the fucking ball!!

Tonight's match was the worst performance of the three games to date, and, thus, there is little or no sign of progress. 

It's worrying. 

I don’t agree that it’s only a “bounce game” and all about “getting minutes into legs”. As Uilleam rightly says the team are already through pre-season and have played three matches. There should be signs of something by now. Somebody’s got to start scoring goals. Take away Tav’s penalties and there’s hardly anything. Let’s hope Danilo and Cifuentes, if they arrive, can create and in Danilo’s case score a few.

Despite some very good performances last season, I remain dubious about Cantwell. I’ll be surprised if Dowell makes it. I hope Sterling can defend because Tav, Barisic and Redvan and to a lesser extent, Davies, can’t.

6 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

What is most concerning is that we can't pass the fucking ball!!

Tonight's match was the worst performance of the three games to date, and, thus, there is little or no sign of progress. 

It's worrying. 

I’ve always believed that friendlies do give you a pretty good idea of how the team is shaping up. It isn’t just a workout. Especially when you are testing out a whole new system. There should be signs that it is working. 

6 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I don’t agree that it’s only a “bounce game” and all about “getting minutes into legs”. As Uilleam rightly says the team are already through pre-season and have played three matches. There should be signs of something by now. Somebody’s got to start scoring goals. Take away Tav’s penalties and there’s hardly anything. Let’s hope Danilo and Cifuentes, if they arrive, can create and in Danilo’s case score a few.

Despite some very good performances last season, I remain dubious about Cantwell. I’ll be surprised if Dowell makes it. I hope Sterling can defend because Tav, Barisic and Redvan and to a lesser extent, Davies, can’t.

Mostly similar views to mine. 
Is Dowell honestly a better option than Hagi ? 

That was awful.  I have never seen such a shambles.  Soutar apart we still can't defend.  The midfield couldn't win the ball or link with the forwards and upfront we created almost nothing.  We weren't at the races.  We could learn a thing or two from their press.  It was embarrassing how Dowell was taken to the cleaners.  I have nothing positive to say except that Hagi, Sakala and Matondo improved us.

Edited by Blue Moon

Well one last friendly on Saturday before the season kicks off a week later. MB confirmed tonight it'll be a "trimmed squad" that will travel to Germany so this might give us an idea of which players he believes will be the catalyst for the forthcoming season.

He also said that our European Squad that will be submitted next week and the ommisions from this squad will give a clear indication on who we are looking to move on. 

Rumours (hopefully that's all they are) that Beale and Butland had a major bust up, hence he didn't play any part tonight. As I said, hopefully just rumours and no foundation as we can't go into the season with McCrorie and McLaughlin as our keepers.