[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 52pen) - 3 Olympiacos

Just now, BEARGER said:

Just watched MB post match interview, he must have been watching a different game than me.

Didn't think he said much wrong - maybe different interviews as there are a couple doing the rounds

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Well one last friendly on Saturday before the season kicks off a week later. MB confirmed tonight it'll be a "trimmed squad" that will travel to Germany so this might give us an idea of which players he believes will be the catalyst for the forthcoming season.

He also said that our European Squad that will be submitted next week and the ommisions from this squad will give a clear indication on who we are looking to move on. 

Rumours (hopefully that's all they are) that Beale and Butland had a major bust up, hence he didn't play any part tonight. As I said, hopefully just rumours and no foundation as we can't go into the season with McCrorie and McLaughlin as our keepers

Where to start with this nonsense

2 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Where to start with this nonsense

Well the information came for the person that told me King was injured before it became public knowledge. 

As I said, hopefully just rumours but just passing in what I've been told. 

I drove 5 hours to watch that absolute shambles tonight. I couldn't believe what I was watching, woeful doesn't begin to describe it. It was utterly disjointed, embarrassing. We were given a football lesson by Olympiacos and if we play like that in a couple of weeks we'll get another one.

We should be past the stage of giving everyone a run out. We need to be playing our primary choices and assessing any changes needed.

Someone please introduce Dessers to the ball because I don't think they've met yet.

Edited by Bill

I'm not concerned about the result. These games are meaningless in that regard. We beat Real Madrid last season (?) and were awful when the proper games started. 

What I am concerned about is the lack of a recognisable style of play; it was so aimless and disjointed. It doesn't have to be perfect but there has to be something. 

Tottenham were beaten by West Ham 2-3, but the fans were raving about the football. They were excited; they saw what Ange was trying to do. 

It's just all so flat and boring from us. I feel like that's MB to a tee. 

How long until the #BealeOut meme stops being a joke? Asking for a friend. 

As much as I feel that it's too early to start getting concerned, I have to agree with Frankie and Rousseau's previous comments. I have not seen any of the games but from what I'm reading from our learned bretheren on here we are rather disjointed and at this stage seem to lack an identity. Early days I know considering the mass rotation used over 3 games and the amount of new faces, its maybe not too surprising. What has surprised me is the rotation of key positions, for example, the goalkeeper. What could we possibly learn from playing goalie 2 and 3 in these games? Maybe Butland had a knock but for me this is a vital position that should be cemented early doors by the management. Butland hasn't come up here to rotate with 2 other keepers so get him playing every bloody game at this stage. The same with Ridvan. If he is your preferred left back, play him now and get him up to speed. Cameos and 45 minutes here and there are not what he needs. 

Much to ponder, but it is making me think that having too many options on the face of it is a luxury but can also be a curse. Don't keep tinkering Michael Beale. Pick your preferred team and go with it.