Your expectations

Right lads that’s the friendly matches out of the way now it’s the real thing a league a couple of cups and some European football  , so do you think the squad are up to it of course the league must be number one priority but it would be nice if we could play some attractive winning football in our endeavours what are your thoughts and hopes on the upcoming campaign . :rfc:

To be honest, I think middle to front we're stocked well enough with quality especially with cifuentes coming in; and I think that SHOULD get us 3 points on most matchdays (let's say 80% of the time).

I worry about the defence in terms of quality (bar Souttar and Goldson) as well as how exploited the full backs have been this pre season when they aren't the best at defending anyways.

I think if Beale gets the defence organised we'll win the league is my opinion, we've shown since Gerrard and even Murty that we can score, it's the basic errors that are killing us.

Expectations in terms of players, I'll say Souttar for PoTY. Picking a top goalscorer is a lottery so for a laugh I'll say Sakala for the golden boot..coming in to rescue our attack in the second half of the season like he did last, ha.

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't think we'll win the league, which is very depressing. 

I think it’s a bit early to come to that conclusion. I think we may still see some more movement in/ out before the end of the transfer window which could change things.