Your expectations

I expect us to win the treble and qualify for the CL groups (we are seeded to do so). Our only domestic opponent is full of piss-poor Asians and led by a has-been ego-maniac. 

I also expect us to be a shambles defensively and to be looking for a new manager by the winter break.

I don’t expect something in the middle of these extremes.

IF we address the horrendous hole in our defence .....

I think we'll start slowly and then things will go well. I expect us to come from behind to win number 56 this season.

Otherwise I think it will be another season dropping needless points and the runner up spot.

It seems that we are financially front loading a squad revamp for the manager and his coaching team.

Expectations from those upstairs who made those decisions is that we can win the league, have a decent European campaign and the coaching team are still in place going into next season or are poached (at a price) by another club.

We have overhauled the attcking side but friendlies finished, we still have little idea of how things will shape up and neither it would seem, does the manager. We are not in a great place to start the real stuff as the experimentaion will have to continue.

Domestically, had Celtic kept their coaching team and squad intact, I wouldn't give us much of a chance regards the title. However, they have changed manager and thus far, have sold one of their main attacking threats, bringing in potential. 

So basically, it becomes more difficult to predict and will largely depend on both teams recruitment, at the moment, especially us. 

All things considered, I expect second place but still have some hope for the title, given the above. I expect that we will win one of the domestic cup competitions.

If the season goe Pete Tong and Beale is moved on, we will be in an ever more challenging financial place.

Europeanwise, I expect a very decent Genk side  to put us out of the CL but would look forward to being more competitive in the EL. Losing out on the play off round would cost us major finance but would give us a free midweek prior to the first OF game, which is huge.

Edited by buster.

I have no idea how the season will pan out.  I hoped we might have had more of a clue after the game yesterday but illness affected a first eleven taking the field.  If we don't do something about the defense before the window closes I fear the worst.

Edited by Blue Moon